Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am winning a console on e bay with digital temps will it fit on my omega has it only has normal heater conrols ta

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I think someone may have mentioned before a possible difference in the size of the 4 hole at the top.... worth searching for that thread methinks.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Not too sure.... always had the full digital setup in my Elite.

Use the search thingy at the top of the page... I'm sure this subject has been covered in the past couple of months.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
you can only use the digi dials if you have dual climate control fitted, all the workings are completely different, and the wood dash will not fit the standard controls unless it came from a car with the same, not sure if the standard controls ever came with wood surround?? im sure its only Elite and CDX that had this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi - yes I bought myself a nice wooden trim off e-bay, when I went to fit it - all is fine sizewise except the red and blue temp indicators, blower strength numbers and direction "dials" - bits surrounding the knobs !! are moulded onto the black plastic trim. If you can think of a way of getting them off the old trim and sticking onto the wood trim then I think all would be fine. I am going to get an old black plastic trim from the scrappy to have a go at removing them, don't want to try on mine and knacker it. Good luck, let me know if you succeed and I will do likewise.

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,244 Posts
Short, sensible answer? No.

But YES, you can convert to digital if you are prepared to completely re-do your entire climate control system.

If you just want to put the fascia over it - it can be modified with a bit of work - seen it done a few times.

TBH - you'd be beter trying to find a really old original wood one with just the turn dials.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi yes it can be done i did it on my gls you have to cut the old dials out with a stanly knife then grind them in shape then use no nails to bond it in to the wood dash then just srew it bak in to place takes about an hour to do if you hae a dremil even beter just be carefull with the knife nearly cut my finger off good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts