Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 51 plate vectra 1.8 with 32,000 on it just stopped driving as I changed from 1st to 2nd a slight bang was heard as I changed gear could this be a clutch or gearbox problem there is no noise when in any gear and is selecting all gears ok just no drive have checked the shafts and there ok. PS there is still pressure when pressing the clutch pedal. and the clutch was not slipping either

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cav TD gls said:
try it in 5th & see if the speedo moves with the revs to be sure its not a driveshaft.
I have alredy done that quote [there is no noise when in any gear and is selecting all gears ok just no drive have checked the shafts and there ok.]

J

·
0 Posts
Should not have this happening with 32,000 on the clock!!! Is there any fluid leaking from anywhere (from gearbox area)

Keep us posted

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
Could be a number of things.

put it in gear with the handbrake on, and get underneath and see if either of the driveshafts are spinning.

If one is, then it's outer CV joint has failed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds to me like the diff has gone, some thing happend to me 98 1.8, i had a bang going from 2nd to 3rd, drive ok for about 20 miles then no drive at all, diff had gone and punched a whole in the case resulting in no gearbox oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts