Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the relay box that is situated by the drivers legs and the loom that goes from it, through the bulk head and to the fog lights and stuff. i think it may go to the ignition aswell. its for my 1993 cav hatch SRi C20XE.

The question is can i just use a loom and relay box out of any old cav/calibra or does it have 2 be from one very similar to mine?

thanks.

si

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
I think any loom for an injection rig would do it, but staying closer to your engine type and model would be better I'd imagine.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
oh, the same loom will go up the centre console also I beleive.

What is wrong with the loom you have currently btw?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
its melted. dunno y i just no i need a new one.

there must bu someone on here who know's for sure. not saying i dont trust you envoy CDX but it just wana make sure!

no problem, personally I would just go to the breakers and pull one out of a simular spec or greater.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Long time no see dude, how it going? Hows the Mrs?

Ask Tidzy, Jimbo, or Wannabe mate, they maybe able to help, all have stripped GSi's in the past, so may have one. Im afraid i can't help with a loom myself, sorry :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alrite mate, too long. especialy cos i broke up with the missus months ago. she wrote of the 1.4 aswell, not good. im just about 2 go down and c max in b'mouth to get his one. it should be the same but if not i will contact the above mentioned people.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Bloodyhell, sorry mate, i didnt know, ive not been around much of late either due to family, and work commitments. Chin up dude, im sure your loving single life ;)

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
alrite mate, too long. especialy cos i broke up with the missus months ago. she wrote of the 1.4 aswell, not good. im just about 2 go down and c max in b'mouth to get his one. it should be the same but if not i will contact the above mentioned people.
Sounds like you've been having a bad time of it as well then,For a minuite i miss-read the post and thought you were going to b'mouth in a c max!:boff

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the sypathy guys, but it think i prefer the single life anyway. plus i gota lads holiday in 2 weeks then im off to uni. which is y i need to either:- fix the bloody car and sell it. OR, break the car and scrap wats left. i dont wana break it but times running out.

In unsucesfuly trying to remove Max's wiring loom (are you sure ur suposed to cut that........opps!) i got more confused. do all the wiring looms join into one at the fusebox. if so how am i suposed to seperate the one that comes out through the bulkhead to the right of the break fluid, from the rest.

im so confused, fred flintstone had the right idea for a car......right wheres my disk cutter!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Somebody must know as theres loads of people done engine conversions on here,I was always under the impression the engine bay loom joined the dash loom somewhere by the ecu and most of the dash looms were the same hence why its relitivly easy to fit the engine of you choice(within reason).The fusebox though is part of the dash loom if i remeber rightly and can't be dissconected on its own.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Got a pic of the bit thats melted mate so I know what you need? I'll try to retrieve it for you tomorrow. Cant promise owt, but I'll try, if you do me a pic :up:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
about 8 ft has melted and 8 diferent wires. i think all of the diferent looms join 2 one at the fuse box anyway. i think im gona need the whole lot! havnt been able 2 take a pic as its at my mates garage and i cant get there at the mo.

if your lookin at the engine the loom comes out just to the right of where you top up your break fluid. if you can just get that one it would be great, but if not could i have the whole lot. i no its a bit cheaky 2 ask but its worth a try.

thanks mate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.