Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Wipers speed

[Corsa E] [2014 ----] 
Tags
wipers
3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gazz292 
#1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a Corsa 2016 and I cannot figure it out how to adjust the intermittent wipers speed. When operating on Auto rain sensor, the wipers don't wipe fast enough. So I tried to adjust the intermittent wiper speed but I can't figure it out, not even with the manual. Nothing seems to work, it's very annoying. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks
Gyorgyi

#4 ·
AFAIK, with auto wipers the twist part of the stalk changes the rain sensors sensitivety, so how often they wipe for the ammount of rain on the screen,

without auto wipers, that twist thing changes the delay between wipes (which explains why you turn it to the smaller lines to give a longer delay... it's really for less sensitive wiping in auto mode)

Not sure i'f i'm reading the problem right tho... you only get one speed on intermittant, and can only change how often it does the single wipe, the 2 speed is only available in constant mode.

#5 ·
Thank you for your answer. Yes, my issue is that there seems to be two speeds (when I move the stalk up). And I can't change that. Let's say I want the wipers to wipe every 3 seconds. That sounds reasonable in light showers. But no. The auto sensors wipe less frequently than that and the continuous wiping is too fast. Where is the intermittent setting that can be adjusted?

#6 ·
The part of the stalk you twist should alter how sensitive the rain sensor is, and in theory how often it wipes...

i have heard of people unplugging the rain sensor, and that reverts the wipers to normal intermittent operation, but i don't have rain sensing wipers myself (yet) to try that on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.