Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently ordered and recieved my brand new chrome windscreen washer LED lights, but once I got them I realised theres the cover thing on the underside of the bonnet!?!?! How do I remove this to get to the old windscreen washer and hence remove the washer?? Also, whereabouts is the live wire for my lights so that when I tell the side lights to turn on, the LED lights come on also?

thanks for any responses

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
*shakes head* LED'd washers?????

Anyhow, back to the question in hand.. small flat blade driver under the clip and gently twist it and it will pop them out. be gentle though, they brake easily.

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Or if you have wire strippers/crimpers the flat blade of this works perfectly. Open them up and slide it around the underside of the plastic clip's head and pull down. Jobs a goodun

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
the power feed will be under the black scuttle trim , its usually lying around near the top of the heater motor & is the live feed for the bonnet light (shakes head in disgust at led washer jets) each to their own i suppose.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after lifting the scuttle trim up, I've found the heater motor, but I don't have a bonnet light, assuming you mean a light under the bonnet for working at night on? or is there some other kind of bonnet light? know it may sound daft but I'm new to all this electrical stuff. also, would it be possible for me to wire it into my headlights, so they come on when I turn my headlights or sidelights on?

thanks for all help by the way, its much appreciated.
un-appreciated is the chav comments. because I want to do something to my car that I like, it automatically makes me a chav now does it? ok, so nova boys drive round with the led's on wearing their burberry, that obviously thereby makes me a chav doesn't it? idiot. how does putting some led washers on my car, mean i go round beating grannies up as well? more people than chav's can modify their car you know.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Who exactly are you calling an idiot? You haven't been here five minutes "kid" - there is an atmosphere of friendly banter here - which you are disturbing - "tit". You come here "blah blah ecotech - don't slag them cos I have one" so does alot of other people - they don't complain or cry - hell some of them agree for the most part. As for being called a chav - I don't see one post where the word "chav" is mentioned - stop being a **** and grow up will you!

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
as above. i had leds fitted to my old cavvy. i do think they look a bit naff now. no one was calling you a chav so i do not know what your talking about. it was all just some friendly fun that no one intended any insult. but insulting people on here is not the way to go as every one is here to help and people are intitled to there opions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chav comment...................related to the large picture above of a cavalier in dressed in burberry livery?

i know insulting people on here is not the way to go, it was my favourite place to go for vauxhall information as I regarded people on here with respect until that picture came up, which by the way, insulted me, so it works both ways doesn't it. I didn't ask for anyones opinions on it, I asked for help. I wasn't calling you, EnvoyCDX an idiot, i was calling madonvaux an idiot for the picture. I agree, insulting people doesn't help, but it pisses me off that I get called a chav all the time, when I'm far from it, just for having a differing taste with what to do with my car.

I didn't say don't slag the ecotec's because I have one, I said can people stop slating them all the time as I don't see the problems with them.

I apologise if I offended anyone, but I got offended as well, and I only retaliated. Best way not to annoy someone or provoke them, is to not insult them isn't it. MadOnVaux's picture of the burberry'd up cavalier insulted me, whether it was intended for fun or not, as many people dislike the label chav (which by the way is what the picture was intended to convey). But no one commented on that tho did they.....

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
well okay lets just put this all behind all of us now and move on.

komakino when you wire them in have them on a seperte switch. dont wire them to your headlights as police tend to not like them. and if your driving at night and there wire to your head light and cant switch them off then you can get done for it. and they could deem the car illegal. so if i was you i would wire them to a seperate switch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
led

whats wrong with LED washers ? ive got them on my cav (chrome with blue LEDs) its black with black windows the chromelooks the dogs nuts. if the rest of the car is moded tastfully then they are not a problemso give the bloke a brake .www.cardomain.com put your cavs up to be rated if you got the balls!:Cool2:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
WTF has balls got to do with it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
well okay lets just put this all behind all of us now and move on.

komakino when you wire them in have them on a seperte switch. dont wire them to your headlights as police tend to not like them. and if your driving at night and there wire to your head light and cant switch them off then you can get done for it. and they could deem the car illegal. so if i was you i would wire them to a seperate switch.

are the police likely to do the same with red led brake lights as well??

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
are the police likely to do the same with red led brake lights as well??
thats different the reason they do not like them and there excuse it that they could dazel on coming traffic. thats there excuse. also its the same with under car neons.

·
22,199 Posts
chav comment...................related to the large picture above of a cavalier in dressed in burberry livery?

I was calling MadOnVaux! an idiot for the picture.

MadOnVaux!'s picture of the burberry'd up cavalier insulted me, whether it was intended for fun or not,
Sorry dude...didn't mean to dig up such great ill feeling.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
some people on here think theyare the dog bollex and funk any1 else's ideas or opions just sayin if your ball r that big put your car up 4 rating
I'm not one for picking on someone - but you, I feel an exceptional dislike for... This is a forum, not a pigging mobile phone.

If you have an opinion, fine great lar di dar.. but make it ledgible. PLEASE!

I never once have had the opinion I or my vehicle are better than anyone else on this forum - all I did was make a meer statement - even then it wasn't slagging anyone off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok

ok m8 calm down did say YOU dissed peoples opions just saying some people on here slag you 4 what u think ! put you name in so u know i was respondin to what you said ok no offence ment im just feed up with 1s who do slang other off :down:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.