1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ides on window tinting ::
1; what are the laws
2: what have you guys used profesional or diy
i saw a cough cough Focus cough ***?!! with a realy nice window tint , it was black but half way up it turned to metallic blue and then to silver , kinda looked like the sky and i was impressed , i tried to catch him to ask but Cav td couldnt quite catch focus st

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
That sort of gradual tint is very chavish and cheap looking personally, if your going to go for tints go for one colour. Best is black though.

The law is pretty stringent now about tinting. Your supposedly not meant to tint your front windows (from what I have heard), despite the fact that some people have told me you can tint the fronts but there is a limiit to how dark you can have them. I think it has to allow a minimum of 70% light.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
law is, sides do what you want appart from the mirror tint you can get, i believe the law changes in that area, the front is not allowed any lower than a certain mark on your windscreen and to my knowledge the rear is ok to do aswell.

i have`nt yet tinted my cav, but have tinted cars before, not easy, but i did it with the windows still in place, plus u need patience to get those dreaded bubbles out,, alot cheaper than professionals, but then they will probably do a hell of alot better in half the time

hth, japcav has silver on hers at the top, she might be able to shed a little more light on that (no pun intended)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Get it done my a pro. As far as i know now your not allowed to get the fronts at all, was told by autoshades in surrey when i got my rear screen and rear quarters done they wont cover you with a certificate for the fronts SO i didnt get em done to much hastle

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
75% light must be able to pass through, most new cars that have UV tints are already on this limit.

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Dippy said:
75% light must be able to pass through, most new cars that have UV tints are already on this limit.
Exactly, therefore not allowing you buy film tints. You would have to change the damn glass. Mine are all tinted 30% green (Cavalier standard)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts