Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When selling a car do people put this ridiculous statement

"A few stone chips and scratches that can be easilly t-cutted out"

1. How can you t-cut a fooking stone chip?
  2. If the scratch will come out with T-cut then why not do it yourself and make the car much better, surely an add looks better without the "couple of scratches" crap?
  3. Or is it really all a crock of sh1t and really the paintwork is a mess?

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
The paint work is a mess.........

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also

Interior needs a good clean

Why not clean it then and ask a higher price!!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Same reason people advertise Supras as being 'mint'........;)

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 2 odd alloys fitted (which the 2 original ones were even included) and was missing parcel shelf.
It didn't have any scratches or chips!!!!!!

·
28,788 Posts
kai said:
or, ive been told its a cheap repair - THEN FRICKIN REPAIR IT AND MAKE IT MORE SELLABLE!!!
But some sellers don't have a penny more to spend on the car,........that's WHY they're selling it.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Good point Andy!

Also, 'No Rust' - sorry , but if the car is over one year old there will be some rust on it somewhere, even if its only a bolt head or something similar. Let's face it, even the brake discs go rusty in a couple of hours when it rains!!!

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
I must agree that 'work' that can be done at no cost to the seller should be done! Cleaning costs nothing and might actually get the seller more money for the car.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
cavtastic said:
Cleaning costs nothing and might actually get the seller more money for the car.
True, a few years ago I did try a bit of buying and selling cars and four hours of intensive valeting can make an 'ok' car look so much better and does add value to the sale price.

·
28,788 Posts
kai said:
but if you want say a grand, and a hundred quid repair may see you getting 1500 for it?
If they can borrow the £100 then yes ;)

I personally like a seller who's in a desparate state,.........as that's when I go in waving cash and grabbing a bargain :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
If they can borrow the £100 then yes ;)

I personally like a seller who's in a desparate state,.........as that's when I go in waving cash and grabbing a bargain :cool:
I second that, your also forgetting how lazy people can be, and how stupid!!!

·
15,300 Posts
Andy M said:
It had 2 odd alloys fitted (which the 2 original ones were even included) and was missing parcel shelf.
It didn't have any scratches or chips!!!!!!

It wasnt mint then was it! :p

Anyway, regarding the original post... sadly some people still fall for such crap about it just needing a polish

D

·
0 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
But some sellers don't have a penny more to spend on the car,........that's WHY they're selling it.
If they can't afford to maintain a car, they shouldn't have one.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
DrMega said:
What a rediculous thing to say :eh

What if you needed a car to work? without working you cant afford to maintain it.

And besides he said a penny more to spend on THAT car

·
28,788 Posts
DrMega said:
Which is why they would be selling up,...........as per my point :rolleyes:

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
My cav was mint...book price £1100...it had a porous head which the seller could not be arsed to sort so i got the car for £280. I like sellers like that a lot...........

Agree tho if it was me i would fix the car before some c*nt tries to give me an insulting offer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts