Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I dunno about that, quite liked BigDs hatch. Think it was a CD?

Lovelly half leather seats too

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
What about stu boys ?
I like gsi parts on hatches , don't like normal cavaliers tbh .

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
No offense to the bloke but Im not all that struck on Stuboys cav, its the light brows really that doesnt appeal to me, not a big fan of V grills on Cavs either.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
vauxmaster said:
:eh

Why does it look wrong?

That actually does look pretty scrummy :D

I find myself wishing sometimes that my black SRi hatch was a salloon like Billys but oh well. I think you can get hatchs to look good but you have to try harder for them to do so.

·
8,417 Posts
LSI said:
No offense to the bloke but Im not all that struck on Stuboys cav, its the light brows really that doesnt appeal to me, not a big fan of V grills on Cavs either.
V grille and light brows don't get my support but we are chatting about the kit . can't beat a for real gsi kit ;)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
daddy cav said:
V grille and light brows don't get my support but we are chatting about the kit . can't beat a for real gsi kit ;)
True, I do like that element, because its done properly not just thrown on

·
8,417 Posts
Just need that rear bumper now Pete ;)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
If the rear bumper is done really well it looks good imo. Plus, it's really rare, that's partly

Travis is going to do mine, using the backing from a hatch bumper and trimming the GSi bumper skin round it.

Even with just the grille, preface Cavs look sooo much better.

Nic, are u trying to annoy everyone tonight! :lmao:

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
LSI said:
That actually does look pretty scrummy :D
Taken me 5 years so far to get it like that. :O

And if little twats and dozy women will leave it alone long enough it will carry on!

daddy cav said:
Just need that rear bumper now Pete ;)
It's finally getting the professional touch it deserves! :up:

TheMorphiuz said:
using the backing from a hatch bumper and trimming the GSi bumper skin round it.
Exactly how I did mine! :up:

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TheMorphiuz said:
Nic, are u trying to annoy everyone tonight! :lmao:
I have the final year project deadline tomorrow :D As you can probably tell, I am slightly stressed :D

·
8,709 Posts
LSI said:
I think you can get hatchs to look good but you have to try harder for them to do so.
imo... the GSi/Turbo kit is the best suited to the Cav, U just can't go wrong, plus one of my aims is to use Vx parts from across the whole range to update and enhance the styling without going OTT. :Cool2:

Oh, and the bonus is... using Vx parts means it's cheap as chips on the insurance premium! :cool:

·
8,417 Posts
vauxmaster said:
imo... the GSi/Turbo kit is the best suited to the Cav, U just can't go wrong, plus one of my aims is to use Vx parts from across the whole range to update and enhance the styling without going OTT. :Cool2:

Oh, and the bonus is... using Vx parts means it's cheap as chips on the insurance premium! :cool:
Totally agree the gsi kit is spot on in all areas .

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
vauxmaster said:

That's my thinking too. I know my car's a rusty old 1.6L but I can't bear all the grey plastic shite on it at the mo (that's why the grille went very quickly)! I didn't wanna spend loads on a kit that quite franky doesn't suit the car (never seen any apart from maybe the Reiger front bumper that do!), so GSi it is!

I see you've done the 5-stud conversion too! :p

As far as insurance goes, Norwich Union don't like any modifications, would any of that kit count really as a mod, it's all Cavalier parts... just not quite from an L...

Oh, another reason... how many Lagoon Blue Cavs have you seen with a GSi kit on? (The Cesaro Vaux_Mark had don't count cos that was just the rear bumper!)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
What exactly is the point of 5 stud conversion aside allowing for a different variety of alloys?

·
8,709 Posts
TheMorphiuz said:
I can't bear all the grey plastic shite on it at the mo
Thats my next step... The GSi rear bumper is being completely colour coded so will the rst of it at some point

I didn't wanna spend loads on a kit that quite franky doesn't suit the car (never seen any apart from maybe the Reiger front bumper that do!), so GSi it is!
spot on! :Cool2:

I see you've done the 5-stud conversion too! :p
Yep... got the bits cheap, plus I wanted 16" alloys and really like the look of the Turbo wheels.

As far as insurance goes, Norwich Union don't like any modifications, would any of that kit count really as a mod, it's all Cavalier parts... just not quite from an L...
Thats something to ask them, every company I've used had said thats fine it's from a cavalier, so doesn't seem too...

Oh, another reason... how many Lagoon Blue Cavs have you seen with a GSi kit on?
None! :Cool2:

·
Still proud to be a
4,111 Posts
The gsi kit makes any cav regardless of its shape, but show me a standard hatch and a standard saloon, and ill take the hatch every time.

I was working on a gsi kit for my hatch before it got broke lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts