Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
oooh cheers, your making my ego get bigger lol!

i do like the sound of the old v6 cars myself..... but the bark of tb's is ace and then again so is the roar of boost

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Dunc's without a doubt, but then I am partial to a V6.

Though the V6 minus baffles and Dest's car were cool.

Then the Corsa, it sounded incredible.

Bri

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Top 5 for me....

5... Abo's Mk2 XE - Great sounding car, a higher pitch exhaust note than the rest but it really sounded cracking.

4... Japcav's GSi - Listening to it it sounds so potent you would expect waaaay more than 150BHP, brutal sound.

3... Broster's Corsa 1.6 (190odd BHP) - I wasnt even close when this car was on the rollers, I was over the other side trying to find a stanley knife to fix Paul's broekn hose, and by eck it sounded fruity.. hard to believe its a 1.6!!!

2... Duncle's V6 - It left a ringing in my ear for about 5 minutes, was not atall expecting it to sound that good, the way it sounded you wouldnt want to mess lol.

1... Dest's Turbo - HOLY ****! before it was given the beans on the rollers it had the tits revved off it and I dont think I have ever grinned so much in my life!!! the roar followed by the 'tish' was just awesome, I was right infront of it when it was given the beans and I just remember looking at Ade and simply saying..... 'corrrrr blimey!!!' that exhaust note is just something else!

Also Torquemada's and Dangli's cars sounded cracking too, probably 6th and 7th respectively.... but as Paul quite rightly said to me loud isnt always better, too true, but at that point in time it sounded cracking.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Don't get too big headed Dunc (;)), but I have to say that yours sounded the best of the entire day, one word,.......THUNDEROUS!!!! :cool: The only car that genuinely made the ground shake.

The above Corsa sounded mental, but how on earth did those trumpets not let stones and gravel into the engine??? :eh

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
blotto_otto said:
gotta says dunc's as well closely followed by a few others. That corsa was out of this world though and i expected to see a much bigger engine that what was inside!
Thats what we said when Si opened his bonnet? Maybe get his tuned the same way as the Corsa?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
duncs did sound the perfect balance between engine and zorst.

but so many 'poo' inducing exhaust notes were in evidence.

petes dual with the baffles removed was a beast.

bit gutted mine sounded so empty, but next year:up:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
Don't get too big headed Dunc (;)), but I have to say that yours sounded the best of the entire day, one word,.......THUNDEROUS!!!! :cool: The only car that genuinely made the ground shake.

The above Corsa sounded mental, but how on earth did those trumpets not let stones and gravel into the engine??? :eh

erm..... been running it like that for a month or so and its not let any stones in yet....... not sure a stone can get up there to be honest. i do have a filter for it but it makes the sound a bit muffled.....

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
No lie, I actually felt my stomach churn when Dunc's V6 opened up :lmao:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts