Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the M3 for a few months now, but always wanted a cossie.
Who else would have one if they could (sierra)?
:Cool2:

Edit: I know this is a Vaux forum, but to me the cossie is and always will be special, and respected regardless of which marque you follow. Hope I'm not alone in thinking this.
 

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
*it begins - the dreaded ford v vauxhall debate*:lmao:
(HOPE NOT)

me!!!! like a shot. driven one a few months back and WOW. what a car. used to have a sierra xr4x4 (2.9) which was quick, although the insurance company didnt like me much so it had to go, but a cossie, well they are just cool!:Cool2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,918 Posts
stuart002 said:
*it begins - the dreaded ford v vauxhall debate*:lmao:
(HOPE NOT)
Nobody has mentioned a thing bout it till you do you numpty lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,195 Posts
matey at work is selling his as he thinks a) they are getting on andb) the fact that most now have been thrashed everyday of their lives (unless you wanna spend silly money on a very low mileage one).
he is sticking with his fords tho, and now has an rs1800 (or 2. lol)

but yes, i would do, if only to garage and keep nice, not for a daily driver.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stuart002 said:
*it begins - the dreaded ford v vauxhall debate*:lmao:
(HOPE NOT)
Would hope the cosworth is above all that, as it has no real rival from Vaux, if we're honest :Cool2:

Insurance will be nearly £300 more than the M, nice :rolleyes:

Mate's got a 4x4 white one, gets so many looks, I want some of that lol.
Wanted one since seeing Spender as a boy. Think I cried when it went up in flames :lmao:
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ADA-V said:
matey at work is selling his as he thinks a) they are getting on andb) the fact that most now have been thrashed everyday of their lives (unless you wanna spend silly money on a very low mileage one).
he is sticking with his fords tho, and now has an rs1800 (or 2. lol)

but yes, i would do, if only to garage and keep nice, not for a daily driver.
A lot of the appeal is the age, and it was the first of the turbo'd 4x4's really.

As for being thrashed, can't think of a similar engine that's as strong or hardy. Very tough.
Couple on Autotrader totally standard, 60K odd for under 5 grang - hugely tempting. Just gotta sell the Bavarian barge................

Daily driver thing is a bit of a sticking point, got a 28 mile round trip every day, so a tenner in fuel every day if my mate's one is anything to go by :cry:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,195 Posts
CallyT said:
A lot of the appeal is the age, and it was the first of the turbo'd 4x4's really.

As for being thrashed, can't think of a similar engine that's as strong or hardy. Very tough.
Couple on Autotrader totally standard, 60K odd for under 5 grang - hugely tempting. Just gotta sell the Bavarian barge................

Daily driver thing is a bit of a sticking point, got a 28 mile round trip every day, so a tenner in fuel every day if my mate's one is anything to go by :cry:

not disagreeing with you in the slightest, mate.

and if you are really interested, i can put you in touch with matey. he wants 5k for his with full ticket and running 300bhp.

but, as he said, it has never missed a beat in the 8-9 months he has had it, but there is always the nagging thought in the back of his mind that it isnt gonna start, or the turbo is gonna go, and with him buying his house with the missus he cant afford that kind of repair (would rather sell it and do a 2 litre zetec conversion on his 1800.)
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ADA-V said:
but, as he said, it has never missed a beat in the 8-9 months he has had it, but there is always the nagging thought in the back of his mind that it isnt gonna start, or the turbo is gonna go, and with him buying his house with the missus he cant afford that kind of repair (would rather sell it and do a 2 litre zetec conversion on his 1800.)
Why I went away from turbo, sensible option the M was. Would leave me with 2k spare, just-in-case.
Mate's has been off the road for over a year! Was only a p/s pipe that blew too :rolleyes:
W
Can understand it though, he has a 1.2 nova too :Cool2:
 

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
Joined
·
28,829 Posts
CallyT said:
Wanted one since seeing Spender as a boy. Think I cried when it went up in flames :lmao:
:lmao: God yeah, I remember Jimmy in that :cool:

I'll be holding out for the Escort though ;)
 

·
I want KFC
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
Dest's old one is back up for sale apparently..
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MadOnVaux! said:
Not one for me im afraid...very nice cars i dont disagree though, really showing thier age IMO, especially the interiors.
The interior's a funny one for me. Where it screams sierra (other than seats and wheel) it seems to add to the charm. Such a cracking car when it came out, and with that dash:lmao:

When mate took a mate out in his he wasn't too impressed, "bit old school this", then mate got his toe down and he seemed to like it :bust:

Paul : Don't want to spend more than 5K or so on a car, don't know why, just don't want a car that owes me too much. Escort does look nice, but same car other than looks and interior really.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,195 Posts
ADA-V said:
and if you are really interested, i can put you in touch with matey. he wants 5k for his with full ticket and running 300bhp.

;);)
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top