Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title, did you see an idea or another car same as yours or completly different model, and think i want that on myne, and gone ahead and done it??

or just tried to keep with the original style of the car but with a newer and cleaner look?

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Had never seen a facelift SRI with a v6 conversion so done it myself (thats not to say there's none out there).

With the amoount of mods there are these days its hard to be originaland there's always someone who's done it before you,ive kept my car reasonably straight and not chavish but some would obviously dissagree.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I nearly bought a Mondeo 2.0, was after a 1.8, the only 1.8 the garage I visited had was the Cav, dunno why.... just bought it

C

·
0 Posts
Fitted the later evo rear light clusters to my M - most radical styling mod I've ever done too :lmao:

·
15,300 Posts
Beleive it or not, the car I now own pretty much motivated me to get a Turbo when I first joined the site!
I knew about them, but had only ever seen ONE on the road which a local lad owned.
I remember reading the site Richie had about how he fitted the FMIC, and by complete strange co-incidence afew years later the Turbo I get offered as a part ex is that exact same one! :eh

·
22,199 Posts
I dont do what other people do...i love Calibra's for many reasons, but one of them is that you dont see that many of them...and any mods ive done is for what i like, not to please or copy anyone else.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i think a few people copied some of my ideas...not many people would put different motors in different cars...like a 2.0 ford pinto in a manta...then banging a turbo on it...or a supra motor in a carlton...

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
I went out in Jon Taylor's LET'd MK2 (the white one in TV a couple of months ago) and just couldn't get it out of my head.

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
I shoehorned a 24v Senator engine into a Triumph GT6 once, many moons ago! It handled like a sack of shite!! (Before and after)

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I was and am inspired by Mike Haywards cavalier . Just shows how much power can be had from the engine with the right stuff .

There's an old pic of my boy with Mike's cav .

While at the time mine looked like this :

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
was gonna go for sri look then madcav offered me his one got a set of gsi skirts then got some facelift skirts couldnt make up my mind so went for the gsi look as wanted a challange to do the rear bumper.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, he`s taller than me ;)

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
That was a year back now he was so small and cute in those pics .:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts