Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New around here so hello to all, here is my car NikkiSRi will recognise it :p

Redtop Engine tuned to 180-190 by the end of May.

Enjoy

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
Redtop Engine tuned to 180-190 by the end of May
Throttle bodies then?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle bodies, polished head, uprated cam, chipped and full powerflow.

Might even throw in a uprated manifold not sure yet because the c20 manifold is pretty good anyhow.

My Current X18XE engine is up for grabs, loom, ECU (6 months old and mapped) if your interested PM me. (Dover area)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Like the colour of the car, and the front and side look great, not too sure about the rear though looks a tad OOT to my eye, and the interior just screams at me :eh

+s the colour and the wheels are great, I even like the tinted lights but the interior just doesnt do anything for me mate, reminds me of a chess board sorry lol.

·
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
Throttle bodies, polished head, uprated cam, chipped and full powerflow.
Chip? You'll have an entirely different ECU dude.

Polished head will only retain standard factory power really.

Mav said:
the c20 manifold is pretty good anyhow
Not a patch on an SBD one though :Cool2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear has been improved vastly, seeings as it twas just a lump stuck on the end, the bodyshop did an excellent job

Is how it looked before being smoothed, I like my chess board, 1 of a kind, made to my liking, though feedback always good, even if bad! No picture can do my car justice though, it has to be seen in the flesh to fully see it's gleam :p

Yes Dan a new ECU chip:)

They are not Mk5 rims :)

·
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
Yes Dan a new ECU chip:)
I think you're missing the point Mav, you won't be fitting a 'chip' to your ECU, you'll be having a compltely different ECU that runs different management.

You HAVE looked into this right?

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Im not commenting to offend you mate, and its good that you can see it that way, its just an opinion. You say to alot of people that something doesnt really appeal to you and they go nuts at you, but its just an opinion.

And hey if you like it sod what anyone else thinks, its youre car eh! :Cool2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not taking offence:)

Dan the C20 takes stand alone management I think you misunderstood what I ment in the first place? It's easier to say chipped saves me explaining each time. Basically it's a "stage 1" engine tune for 10 bhp gain, but torque is what's really acheived. It's the Timing and ignition that's altered, but I have found many people didn't understand, hence why I simply say chipped.

They are Zaffy wheels :)

·
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
Basically it's a "stage 1" engine tune for 10 bhp gain, but torque is what's really acheived. It's the Timing and ignition that's altered, but I have found many people didn't understand, hence why I simply say chipped.
Who's doing the work then chap?

Cost? :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ashford Motorsport are fitting my redtop, depending on how busy they are I may asked them to uprate the engine, if not Courney Sport maybe even Thorney MS :) Havn't asked them yet.

·
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
Ashford Motorsport are fitting my redtop, depending on how busy they are I may asked them to uprate the engine, if not Courney Sport maybe even Thorney MS :) Havn't asked them yet.
I can highly recommend V-Tuning ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are around Heathrow I believe?

I have heard of their work, I get discounts from the other places though through my other clubs.

·
28,788 Posts
Mav said:
They are around Heathrow I believe?

I have heard of their work, I get discounts from the other places though through my other clubs.
Gatwick mate :).....................not too far from you.

I suppose you use Power Engineering to some degree? (I went there for a RR session in the summer).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not used them mate, AMS of Harrow has done a little work on my car, was mapped by Chippeduk in Bromsgrove, powerflow was done before I brought it.

Only just (in the last 6 months) got in to playing with Engines. Boyracer later on in life lol, though my Mrs hates cars and won't allow my kids in my car!!!

Might pop round to that place for an RR session when the redtop is done, so I know what sort of power I am kicking out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts