Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Hopefully someone can help me. I have a 2008 vivaro 2.0. Recently it started to make a whizzing/whistling sound as I accelerate. It gets louder as I accelerate and I am loosing power around 2000rpm. I'm guessing it's a turbo issue.....? It drives ok at low speeds and slow acceleration but power seems to disappear at higher speeds or if I accelerate to quickly. The whistling as mentioned starts quietly then as I accelerate it gets louder. I had a peek under the bonnet but I have no idea what I'm looking at to be honest. I did notice when I put my hand over the turbo actuator (?) that I can feel a pulse of air on my hand that increases in force and speed with acceleration. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
27,507 Posts
Could be an air leak from anywhere to be honest , intercooler , turbo boost pipe , inlet manifold etc .

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Fred is right could be any of them listed. I hsd one with a split hose onto the intercooler. Try sprinkling talc onto the hoses etc while someone else revs it, the cloud of talc will show where the leak is. More likely to be hose rathe than intercooler.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Split boost pipes normally whoosh or blast air rather than whistle.
Unless its a pinhole.
Could also be faulty actuator or vacuum pipe split or hole.
Squeeze the boost pipe nearest you on the intercooler and get someone to rev.
If its the boost pipe at the back the noise will get louder as more air gets forced through the split.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts