Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trim level ? diplomat or cdx

I only ask because the CDX has check control, headlamp wipers and tinted (sort of rear lights) whereas the diplomat has none of this ? well that ive seen anyway :lmao: maybe im just thinking too much :D

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
as i have a cdx "luxury" model i would have to say cdx

in my observations of diplomats they have all been semi basic and automatics which i steer clear from anyway

havin said all that if i remember correctly excapat, (can never spell his name) had a diplomat and had the same functions as me

so i would put it down to lookin at the car as some have this and some have that kinda thing

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
havin said all that if i remember correctly excapat, (can never spell his name) had a diplomat and had the same functions as me
Expatscot :lmao: the exact car im driving at the moment hence why i asked :lmao:

Like i said its only a question based on what ive seen around :Cool2:

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
I think the CDX is slightly better equipped. As it replaced the diplomat and so is a newer model the options it came with were a little higher. However I do believe CDX's had velour interiour as std with leather as an option and diplomats were the other way round, leather as std and velour as a cost down option.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Headlamp wash wipe was optional on cdx and diplomat,however the diplomat had leather as standard and cloth was a reduced cost option whereas the cdx apart from the v6 had cloth as standard and leather was a cost option.Diplomats had illuminated sunvisors but didn't have passenger airbags as far as i can remember.A tricky question to answer really:lmao:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Diplomats were fully loaded but things like leather, aircon, rear map lights, headlamp washers were optional on CDX. Few other bits were different too but mostly facelift changes

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Thats like saying which is better, GL or GLS? Or Merit or Envoy??!!

CDX replaced Dippys on the facelift, although just to confuse matters, there are some facelift dippys around!!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I've never once seen any facelift model with headlamp washers :mmmm thought they werent available because of the curvature of facelift lights?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.