Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my car mot today and it's got advisory for brake pipes. My question is which pipe is this on corsa c

20200214_172114_1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

·
11,998 Posts
I would take that to be the main front to rear brake lines, but I thought you had renewed both of them?

Otherwise it has to be the ones on the swing arms going to your drums.

·
Premium Member
16,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've renewed one of them so it cant be that as it still looks like new.

·
Super Moderator
12,147 Posts
same here, the 2 under the car, front to back.but has said, thought you already done these, and that brake pipe corroded, covered in grease, or other material... i get that every year, never changed mine.

·
11,998 Posts
Mine are copper so no longer an issue.

·
Premium Member
16,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked and it looks to me like long centre pipes which I've done one of the as it failed last year. The wording is the same except this year it says covered in grease or material so it must be covered in mud and road crap.

The near side ones not been replaced and tbh does have some minor corrosion so that was expected. Checked the hamdbrake effort myself at another garage and it was well above the minimum.

So far I've replaced the 2 fronts, 2 rear to drum and long centre one from front to rear on offside.

Nothing at all wrong with handbrake. He simply hasn't put it on enough.

Back for retest this morning after fitting new spring so if the tester is in I'll ask him.

·
11,998 Posts
That's the problem when you don't get the opportunity to be shown the faults. The garage I used to use for MoTs was very good and I could watch the tester during the test and he would show me any issues. The place I use now only has two small video screens in the waiting area that are practically useless.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Be the main 2 under the car if there’s dirt or grease on I think they just advice to cover there arse.
My daughters was advised 2/3 years ago. I had other pipes to replace so when I took it back I asked why he’d advised it. After a while looking at the pipe he said the plastic cover on the pipe ( protection new pipes have from factory) was bubbling. So nothing wrong with the pipe just water had got in bubbling the protective coating. Pipes never been changed and never been advised since. I tend to rub my pipes and smear some grease on to help protect them and sometimes they put an advisory on them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts