Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have searched the forum and cant find the answer,so if someone is kind enough to help thanks

Fitted Original wiring looms/switches// etc for power windows and mirrors (2008 model)

The mirrors work fine

But neither windows work (the 30a fuse was originally in correct slot behind drinks holder)

I read there is a slot for a pink relay to be fitted under passenger side dash but cant find where abouts this is supposed to go (am 6ft5 so not too easy for me to fit up there lol) bu cant for the life of me see where it plugs in

any Help much appreciated .Thanks

·
93 Carlton 2.0 Diamond Estate, 06 Vivaro 1.9 CDTi
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found where the relays go(called working nights and no sleep saw them straight away this morning lol) bought new one put in and passenger window working from drivers and passenger side,but no joy with drivers side yet so more work required but thanks for help yesterday

·
1,124 Posts
upload_2017-5-6_15-42-43.png

If the passengers side works then that proves that you have positive feed from the BCM to the drivers door switches, you now need to check that you have both positive and negative on the Green & Brown wires leaving the switches to the BCM.
If you are sure that the wires are connected into the BCM and that they come out on the two White wires from the BCM to the door then if the BCM is an electric window model? it should work! But sadly if it doesn't then you can wire the window motor as in the inset drawing, this will work the window but there will be no "one touch up or down" as that is controlled by the BCM, hope this helps (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help and info not had time to have a look at it yet will get round to it on friday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,
i know this a reasonably old thread, and im sorry to highjack it, but i am trying to get a vivaro electric window conversion working.
ive looked over this forum and found loads of useful advise.
The biggest problem i seem to have is that on pin 87 on the pink relay there is no wire at the back, and although fuse 21 in the fuse box as a 30a fuse in and 2 yellow wires in the back, it isnt showing any voltage.
Now ive done some basic tests and ran a wire from the wipers 30a fuse and conected it to both the yellow wires at the drivers switch (1 at a time). when i connect it to either wire, the passenger window works.
No matter what i do the drivers window doesnt work at all.
so my questions are........ does any one know why there is no wire in the relay and no voltage at the fuse?
Also what further tests can i do to try and get the windows to work?
my van is a 2008.

thanks in advance

·
1,124 Posts
If the passenger window works then you probably don't have the correct BCM unit installed, as this controls the drivers window.
Unless you want to get the correct BCM and have it programmed, the inset wiring diagram above, is how to wire the window motor to work, it will not have the one touch operation as this is controlled by the BCM.
Read the instructions below the wiring diagram in the post above!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi DKT1,

Thanks for your quick reply,
I did wonder about the BCM, my main concern is why there is no wire at the back of pin 87 on the relay and no power to the 30a fuse in number 21? All the posts ive read, no one as had this trouble.
Where would you recommend i take the 12v feed from? As ive only got the passenger side working when i run a temp feed from the wiper fuse.
regards

P.S looking at your diagram, are you saying once ive got the 12v feed to the drivers switch i can simply cut and join the 2 white wires on the motor in the door and join them to the violet and green wires? Or am i mistaken and have to do something else?

regards

·
1,124 Posts
If you want to do the job properly, you could run a feed to the rear of fuse 21 from the Yellow wire that feeds fuse 22 (wipers) (they are just spade terminals that lock in from behind), as this seems to be fed from the same source (relay) and is only active when the ignition is on, this would give you the fused feed and the same fuse so as to not confuse anyone later on o_O.
Yes! just cut and join the wires in the door, if the motor works in reverse just swap them over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks very much, i really appreciate your help.
I feel like im almost there now, just one last thing, in the back of fuse 21, there are 2 yellow wires already there (but no voltage). where do these wires come from? and where do they go?
you say take the live feed from 22 into 21, which of these 2 wires do i discard and are you saying the other one will take the voltage to the drivers door?
one more point, correct if im wrong. Ive been lead to believe, by what ive read, that pin 87 on the relay is the voltage feed to fuse 21?? if this is the case, is one of those yellow wires at the back of fuse 21 supposed to come from pin87 and through the fuse then on to the drivers door?
Also the colours on my loom coming from the switch are, yellow x2 (one slightly thinner), thick violet, thick white, thick black and a thin green and a thin orange, they different colours to your diagram
Regards

·
1,124 Posts
that pin 87 on the relay is the voltage feed to fuse 21?? if this is the case, is one of those yellow wires at the back of fuse 21 supposed to come from pin87 and through the fuse then on to the drivers door?
Yes!
As far as I can tell on my wiring diagram, the same relay feeds fuses 22 & 21.
As the wiring on these uses the same colours for everything, it's best to meter out the wires to check where they go, but if you check on the back of the fuse box with the fuse removed and the ignition on, there should be voltage on only one wire to fuse 22, connect the fuse 21 same wire (top/bottom) to this (you choice? but soldering is best), replace both fuses and check with the meter that you have voltage on the yellow wire at the door switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you, i will give this a try in the morning. FYI i think the top pink relay does the wipers and the second pink relay (bottom) is supposed to do the windows, ive read that, i havent a clue.
Can you please confirm which wires i have to join to the white wires as mine are not the colours in your diagram.
cheers

·
1,124 Posts
i think the top pink relay does the wipers and the second pink relay (bottom) is supposed to do the windows,
Yes! I think your right, but I have the earlier model, so can't check it out for sure, there are seven wires to/from the switch, Black is 0V/Earth, (1) Yellow is the 12V feed to the switches, White & Grey are for the passenger side, that should leave a (2) Yellow that is a 12V feed for the Led's , the two wires left are the ones you want, on my diagram they are Violet & Green but they change the colours all the time so could be any colour really, best to check with a meter before cutting.
The two wires will have opposite voltage on them when the switch is operated I.E. UP = A positive, B negative, DOWN = A negative, B positive.
Patience a nice cup of tea and a good multimeter is what helps when doing any electrical work on these vans :ROFLMAO: Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks mate,
you've been a great help.
funnily enough ive just had my multimeter out and i think the drivers window switch is broke? i know the passenger side is working, so did a continuity test on the working switch and got continuity on, which breaks when i lift the switch up and on the other pin breaks when i push the switch down. tested the drivers side and not getting continuity or breaks on anything. personally i would of thought you would get continuity when the switch was pushed and pulled, but i probably did it arse road around.
Either way i got no response from the drivers side switch, it also feels like its not pushing a contact, and just going through the motions. So my first port of call is to replace the switch, run the temp power again and see if i can get the window to work? If not i will do as you have suggested and bypass the BCM and try to feed a permanent power feed.
I would really like to thank you for your time and your help, before i posted i was really at my wits end and now feel confident, ive got to a stage where i can move forward.
You are a true gent and i cant thank you enough.
Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right guys, i finally got my windows to work.......
I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to members DKT1 and Boyfrazer for their invaluable help.. Cheers guys.

Right what im going to do is give a quick run through of my installation, as although there is plenty of help on here, there was a few issues i had that i had to ask questions about, so if anyone bumps into this thread, im hoping it will help with the issues i had?
My van is a Vauxhall Vivaro 2008.

First of all, and this is probably the most important bit, unless you know 100% that your van as the one touch facility programmed into the BCM, DO NOT buy the wiring loom and driver switch with the white plug/socket!!!
Buy the loom/switch with the blue plug/socket. Not really important for the passenger side, it comes with a brown plug/switch regardless of which loom set you buy. FYI the plugs that plug into the A pillar on the door are actually different before 2007, bear that in mind too, when buying.

Another issue i ran into and was difficult to find the answer for was, obviously when you install electric windows you need to install a pink relay up under the passenger footwell. As explained in this forum, there are 5x black relay sockets there, the top 3 are blanks, the 4th one from the top is for your wipers, and the bottom one (5th) is for the the electric window feed (taking power to fuse 21 (30amp) in the fuse box behind the passenger drinks holder).
No matter what i did i couldnt find power at fuse 21, so after doing my checks, although there was power at pin 30 in the relay socket and power across pins 85 and 86 (from the coil) there was no cable behind pin 87 (this is the cable that feeds fuse 21) After doing more checks, there is a white relay socket up at the top, next to the 1st black socket, this is the socket in my van that feeds fuse 21. So if like me, you have no power to the drivers switch (this is also where the the power is fed for the passenger side) make this your first check.

If you've got this far and have power, and have bought the blue loom/switch, you'll probably have no more issues from here.

If like me you ended up with the white loom/switch and dont have a compatible BCM, there's more. First of all you NEED to buy a drivers side window switch (blue socket) im not 100% on this, as my switch was faulty i think? but what ive read elsewhere, im sure this is the case?
You can buy from ebay for £22 or Renault for £23.16 +VAT or like me direct from Vauxhall for £22.99 including VAT (part number GM 93858398).
Right so you've got your new switch, but still have the loom with the white plug, you need to adapt it (diagram above, thanks to member DKT1).
Looking at the bottom of the white plug, with the clip void at the bottom, you can see a white strip containing wires, this is the positive strip, and underneath, you have a black strip, this is the negative strip.
All wires can stay in as they are, but you will have to upgrade and reroute the 2 thin wires (1 positive and 1 negative). In my case the positive wire was green and the negative wire was orange.
Start by separating the white strip from the plug (there is a clip either end) At this point you will need some car electrical cable, i found that 21amp cable was of similar size and more than enough to handle the load (£1.99 for 3 metres)
Now look at the plug that plugs into the motor, hold it so the clip is facing you, the wire on the right is the positive, mine was grey.
now carefully remove the thin wire (green) from the positive strip you removed from the white plug, bend the tabs that hold the wire to open, then snip the cable, insulate this and drop to one side.
Now cut a suitable length of the new cable you bought, strip it back and place it in the now empty, square spade connector you removed from the white strip and clamp it in. You now need to solder it in place.
Now cut the wire that is on the right of the motor plug, in my case grey, at a suitable place and length to where you can join it to your new cable, solder these 2 cables together and insulate, dont forget the insulate the other end of the cable you just cut.
Now place the white strip back into the white plug, and replicate the process with the wire in the black strip, in my case orange, to the wire on the left side of the motor plug, in my case white.
When you have followed all these steps, tidy up the loom again, by wrapping up in insulating tape or similar, fit your new blue switch and you should be good to go.

Also before you refit the door cards, if you buy a tin of WD lithium grease and spray the regulators and window runners, the windows will open and close around 3 times quicker and perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers DKT1, couldn't have done it without your help and the fantastic wiring diagram you posted.
Really appreciate all your help mate.
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys I’m having a bit of trouble fitting my electric window conversion to my 2005 camper this year has the relay attached to the door and does not run through bcm. I need a wiring diagram for the electric windows and mirrors as my van does not have the wiring so I have cut the pillar socket out of the donor van I can bench test the regulators with loom and the passenger works fine from passenger switch but not drivers side switch and the drivers window just seems to creep up and down with the control relay constantly clicking like it’s loosing its feed rapidly on and off driving me insane now as cannot figure out the link wire from driver to passenger or mirror wires if anyone could help would be great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found where the relays go(called working nights and no sleep saw them straight away this morning lol) bought new one put in and passenger window working from drivers and passenger side,but no joy with drivers side yet so more work required but thanks for help yesterday
Hi, sorry I appreciate this may be an old thread now, but I'm really struggling. Can you take a photo of where the relay goes for the passenger electric window?
I've googled it but cant find any useful pictures or info on where the relay should be

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts