Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My calibra (turbo) 4x4 system is playing up and I need to put a switch in the system to save having to restart the engine to clear the light. I've the instructions for fitting the switch but I can't find the ECU control box (despite the help in the instructions). I have pulled the fuse box out and all the trim around the area to expose 3 boxes - none of which look like they are the 4x4 ECU. I have found the large metal motronic box - that I assume is the main fuel ECU, there is a box that I think is part of the alarm judging by the way it has been spliced into the looms and a grey plastic box with a GM part number on it. The grey box looked to be the best bet, but the part number does not tie up with the part numbers I have seen for early or late ECUs and there are not enough wires to tie up either. (G-K reg models 90 306 048 with 13 pins or L reg models on 90 461 295 JZ with 26 pin connector).

I cannot see any other boxes in the area.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Do you know what the grey plastic box is? Were the control boxes fitted anywhere else on the cars? Does anyone have a picture of a turbo 4x4 ecu?

Thanks
Andy

C

·
0 Posts
Did mine easy enough, fusebox out and it's up there, just one little bolt holding it in place iirc.
Looking for the green wire right?

·
15,300 Posts
Mine is a late one, its about the size of a matchbox and yellow.
As above, remove the fuse box tray and you can see it behind

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys - I found it this time - it was hidden behind the alarm box that was fitted by a previous owner. I should have had the confidence to keep going!

Cheers
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts