Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find the place where you plug in the performance chip i have just purchased.
I have a 56 reg Vectra 120 cdti.
I have removed the engine cover and straight in front of me is a plug sat on top of the engine.
However this has 4 pins and my tuning plug has only 3 pins.
There is another plug (out of site)underneath it that you can barely see,this has a pink retaining clip to stop it being pulled apart accidently.
Is this it ?
I think 10 mins to fit is OK if you know for definite which plug it is.
I purchased the item from italy (off ebay) and so the instructions are in Italian badly translated.
Please help!
thanks.

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,919 Posts
Maybe the best source for the correct answer is the seller?

That is if, after you've heard the truth here, you still want to do that. . .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your opinions,however i not about to throw 90 quid in the bin, i work hard for my money.
The last one i purchased from ebay was for my polo tdi and the increase in performance was very noticeable and the economy was improved as well.(about 5mpg).
I think most of these gizmos do represent poor value for money especially when they're 3-400 quid.
They are after all a plastic or aluminium box with wires attached,probably cost about 5 quid to make.
This is why i thought i'd give this company a try,they have favourable feedback regarding increases in performance.
Back to my original question then,where is the sensor i'm supposed to connect to?
I take it from the lack of advice out there other than binning it that no one is sure.
What a let down!
Plenty of smart arses but no smart answers.

·
Foldy roll
16,919 Posts
Stop being a ****. . . . you have bought a product that plugs in somewhere and ask people who would have zero interest (or experience, in all likelihood - since it's probably overpriced garbage) where to plug the fvcker in??

GO BACK TO THE SUPPLIER YOU MUPPET!!!

Ask WHAT sensor (or box) it plugs into THEN ask here where that sensor/box is.

Use your brains. If you aren't sure where they are, start a new thread and ask.

·
Foldy roll
16,919 Posts
evil by name, evil by nature :eh
:lmao: yeah... sometimes.
The o/p was just being a bit of a penis until this bit.....
What a let down!
Plenty of smart arses but no smart answers.
Waiting for his next threads. . . .

How long is a piece of string? and

What number am I thinking of?

(the second one, obviously, is dependent on the outcome of his where is my brain? thread).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is not helped you opionated prick,i ask because this is supposed to be forum not somewhere for you to vent your spleen.
i put the last bit in because all i was getting was **** attitude, you might be a overpaid underworked motherf*cker,but i'm not.
i looked for the best solution at the best price and this seemed to be it.
Evil Eat less red meat and you might write less ****.
I have split all the plugs in the vaccinity of the commonrail sensor and they all have the the incorrect amount of pins to match the chip i have purchased.
so i asked in case someone else has had a similar problem(the point of the forum you dummy).
And Evil you must be rocket scientist or a brain surgeon because you're certainly no f*cking diplomat.

·
Foldy roll
16,919 Posts
Aaaww.. I like you, you're special (needs)

now give us a kiss.. no, not there.

Are you a Porsche fan? Or did you choose a w^nk username?

·
Foldy roll
16,919 Posts
Maybe the best source for the correct answer is the seller?
Have you messaged the seller?
That was my first suggestion but, apparently, it was just a smartarse comment and resulted in incorrect assumptions being made regarding my employment, interpersonal skills and diet.

What I glean from this users ridiculous thread is that it has bought one of these before and had a good result from it so purchased another, has no idea what it has bought (since it doesn't know where it plugs in) and expects the VxON community to know exactly what it is with no pertinent information supplied.

Oh.. and then we get to be abused by it. Which is nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
as far as i know ya cant just plug **** in, performance chips get soldered on to ya ecu, they over write the standard mapping, fuel/air ratio, cant see a tuning garage fitting it for ya, they,ll want to fit there own chip, did ya get it from a private seller, its probably for a tv remote control or sommat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The hamster poo sounds very tempting,only 200 hp extra though,Is this a con?
(i speak spanish so i'll know if it's not real.)
To my new best mate Evil, i've emailed the helpline and they've sent a blown up photo back showing where to fit it and it is now plumbed in and working.
Funny though evertime i rev it the telly changes channel.
No i'm not a Porsche fan it's just a w*nk name.

See you in the next life as i can't take the abuse,so this will be my last post.
(can you hear the cornet playing)

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
please report back with figures next time you get a rolling road done

·
Foldy roll
16,919 Posts
please report back with figures next time you get a rolling road done
Oh lord no. . . . please.

I can't take the next thread. . . .
Can someone give me directions to the rolling road, I only know local A-roads and one dual cabbageway and none of those roll anywhere

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.