Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...how many litres can you add after the first "cut out", when it's supposedly full? I add 1 litre but I'm sure more could go in

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
usually bout 5 for me in a calibra,
but all pumps are different. local tescos cuts out after every couple of quid, yet have had the pump still pumping as it piddles qll over me shoes.

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
I gotta say I've never checked!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Random yes, but its the little details that are important and ive thought of this too - although it doesnt really bother me, i just fill to the first click.

I think it depends on how fast you are filling it up. If you fill it up 'gently' then id say after the first click theres not much room left (1/4 litre perhaps) as you give the petrol in the neck of the filler pipe time to drain away. If you fill up with the trigger fully open (full flow) id say that the petrol backs up in the neck of the filler pipe (giving the impression of being full and triggers the auto cutoff) but once it settles you can probably squeeze another litre in (i noticed this the other day again as i was filling up)

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
scharatz said:
...how many litres can you add after the first "cut out", when it's supposedly full? I add 1 litre but I'm sure more could go in
Did you put your foot on it? Probably get more in that way :think

·
cavweb's alcoholic
906 Posts
some pumps keep cutting off every 2 seconds on me too. its really ****ing annoying when im in a rush

·
15,300 Posts
I just hold it half to three quarters on now and not put the nozzle all the way in, its pretty much just as fast

·
Keep buying Astras........
249 Posts
Dangerous Dave said:
some pumps keep cutting off every 2 seconds on me too. its really ****ing annoying when im in a rush
I think it's down to the angle of the dangle..................If you hold the gun slightly out of the filler neck and at a slight angle, it fill's quickly, if you bung the gun all the way in, it backs up and cuts out. But still a pain in the ar*e when you in a hurry !

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
Unless i trickle it in,it cuts out constantly tbh,either that or pours out the hole and down the car onto my foot..lol

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
JJ said:
Unless i trickle it in,it cuts out constantly tbh,either that or pours out the hole and down the car onto my foot..lol
We don't really need to know what you have been doing for the last 3 weeks :bust: :lmao:

C

·
0 Posts
Everytime I fill up I write down the results in a little book I keep in the glove-box, back in a minute :Cool2:

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
Atlantean said:
We don't really need to know what you have been doing for the last 3 weeks :bust: :lmao:
Yeah right..:eh :mmmm :lmao:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts