Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying some new wheel trims and the ones ive found have different coloured nuts. The colours they have are normal, blue and red. Just wondered if anyone could photoshop them onto my car or just tell me if they think they will suit my car. Its a shame they don't have the nuts in green becasue that would have gone better. Anyone know if they have green nuts like these ?

My Car


Blue Nut


Red Nut


Normal Nut
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
ostrich said:
but then you have to add on the cost of fitting
fitting alooys is nothing,

just need to jack up the car and put them on, same as fitting any normal wheels,

obviosuly your choice, but my personal preference would be alloys, below is a pic of my GF's car a while back, nothing special and only small alloys but suit it,


wouldnt cost much imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't you have to balnce them ?


Plus my car is 13 inch if i get some 15 ich won't they scrape the car ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
ostrich said:
don't you have to balnce them ?


Plus my car is 13 inch if i get some 15 ich won't they scrape the car ?
they might need balancing, but that costs about £3-4 each wheel so not alot,

and as for rubbing no, as bigger the alloy wheel smaller the tyre becomes,
you could fit 16's easily on a corsa, maybe 17's.
if you look at cars with steel wheels the tyre will be 2-3"'s thick, on a car with large alloys the tyre wall will only be 2-3cm's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy R said:
they might need balancing, but that costs about £3-4 each wheel so not alot,

and as for rubbing no, as bigger the alloy wheel smaller the tyre becomes,
you could fit 16's easily on a corsa, maybe 17's.
if you look at cars with steel wheels the tyre will be 2-3"'s thick, on a car with large alloys the tyre wall will only be 2-3cm's


think im just gona take the cheap option and just get them wheel trims becasue im not fussed bout spending laods on car i just use for run around. Although does anyone know where i can buy bolts like thes in the pic becasue ill proboly get the silver ones becasue the others wouldn't look right on my green car wich is why id like to buy some green ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
ostrich said:
think im just gona take the cheap option and just get them wheel trims becasue im not fussed bout spending laods on car i just use for run around. Although does anyone know where i can buy bolts like thes in the pic becasue ill proboly get the silver ones becasue the others wouldn't look right on my green car wich is why id like to buy some green ones.
fair enough,

could buy the silver ones and go to halford/vaux and get a can of the green your car is and spray them,
colour match would be good then and would be unique,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy R said:
fair enough,

could buy the silver ones and go to halford/vaux and get a can of the green your car is and spray them,
colour match would be good then and would be unique,

How do I find out the exact colour of my car ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
ostrich said:
How do I find out the exact colour of my car ?
i should know it but have forgot :(

if u lift your bonnet and find the VIN plate (metal plate with loads of numbers) it will say colour and then have a code like 87L or something, this is your colour code,
give it to vauxhall or haloford and they will give you a can of the exact colour, about £4-5 a can, vauxhalls will be a better match, but halofords usually have a 3 for the price of 2 thing, so up to you,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy R said:
i should know it but have forgot :(

if u lift your bonnet and find the VIN plate (metal plate with loads of numbers) it will say colour and then have a code like 87L or something, this is your colour code,
give it to vauxhall or haloford and they will give you a can of the exact colour, about £4-5 a can, vauxhalls will be a better match, but halofords usually have a 3 for the price of 2 thing, so up to you,

ok cheers for your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There isn't anything near the drivers door and the numbers on the VIn plate don't make any sense.

e1*96/27* 0053*02 :eh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,771 Posts
i would guess from that the Z369 is the colour, not quite sure tbh, i dont know the exact place they put it on the VIN plate,
if you can take a picture or it and put it on here (blur the main chasis number a bit tho) or drive to vaux to order the paint and ask someone exactly what the code is

sorry i cant be of anymore help,
 

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
Joined
·
5,913 Posts
If you don't fancy it yourself then the standard ratefor swapping wheels over is £10 + vat.......
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
those alloy lookalike wheeltrims look bl**dy stupid. They fool noone and you end up luuking like a cheapscate. Go on, get a set of alloys
 

·
Trisexual
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
ostrich said:
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what the metal pin is doing exactly becasue if its just for decoration Im gona take it off.
Looks like decor, must be on a normal wheel trim. Some alloys are sucured like that, and that's obviously what they're trying to imitate
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top