Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone give me a breakdown on this Alignment report only the steering wheel is still slightly
off center when driving in a straight line ..

Dose the Alignment report look ok ?

cheers for any info you can give

20210427_070809.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Second line from bottom is the tracking I'd get it down again looks off on N/S

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,007 Posts
Looks spot on to me,there equally set but if the car has been in a smash might need offsetting,the rear is toeing in on n/s/rear but not adjustable

·
Registered
307 Posts
Actually you should get it printed before and after.
For me it looks off.
Tyre pressure might play a role, it should be checked before doing tracking, and many garages are failing on it. If you will hear they don't that or it is not necessary, just walk away.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually you should get it printed before and after.
For me it looks off.
Tyre pressure might play a role, it should be checked before doing tracking, and many garages are failing on it. If you will hear they don't that or it is not necessary, just walk away.
It was mate and it was way off on the drivers side where i fitted the new wishbone and spring..they showed me

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did you fit the wishbone as a pair? That will likely be the cause. Spring should be ok on own....

Literally just done same on Zaffy...... O/S coil spring and then both wishbones

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you fit the wishbone as a pair? That will likely be the cause. Spring should be ok on own....

Literally just done same on Zaffy...... O/S coil spring and then both wishbones

Just the O/S mate ..

it should be ok if the tracking is set right

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
If the steering is off centre on a straight road , check you put the bolts back in exactly the same position they sat before you removed them. You only need 1 to be 1/2 millimetre to the left or right & your steering will be out.

Reactions: Westy1600

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If the steering is off centre on a straight road , check you put the bolts back in exactly the same position they sat before you removed them. You only need 1 to be 1/2 millimetre to the left or right & your steering will be out.
All good mate ...

i went down the road today an put the steering wheel dead straight and car never moved from going in a straight line ...still going to take it back for the recheck ...may as well as it's free

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i do mate put all bolts exactly in the same positons and i make sure they go back the same way as there came out ...always on all car jobs

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
We use the hunter stuff, it's great gear. Late in on this one but can see the rear thrust line is slightly out at 6 minutes, this will cause the steering wheel to be slightly off on the road too, even if it's set straight on the aligner. And as the others have said worn bushing/tyres etc...will all have an effect on road even if statically the alignment is spot on.

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,007 Posts
If you look above the numbers its set at now they were what it was,we do a free recheck within 14 days and so many dont come back but always best to get your recheck if its had new parts as they can take a while to settle

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
Reading this made me realise that in over 39 years of motoring I’ve never had any vehicle I’ve owned need this 4 wheel alignment doing , in fact I’ve only ever had 1 motor that needed the tracking adjusting.

Reactions: Alan G H

·
Registered
241 Posts
Reading this made me realise that in over 39 years of motoring I’ve never had any vehicle I’ve owned need this 4 wheel alignment doing , in fact I’ve only ever had 1 motor that needed the tracking adjusting.
Sounds like you live in a place paved with glass and silk haha..... How have you never needed 4 wheel alignment haha

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Me either Fred, I use an old fashioned trammel bar tracking gauge, going back to the 1920's, that I bought years ago at a garage closing sale.
It's never let me down yet, if the steering wheel is not straight going down the road, I take the time to adjust the track rods until it is.
I've never had a problem with unusual tyre wear, having rebuilt a good few written off cars and run them myself.
Believe me, nobody could be more fussy than me about getting the most out of my tyres.

Reactions: Fred Bassett
1 - 20 of 44 Posts