Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be being thick here, but whats an Lotus Corsa?????
Obviously I know what a Lotus Carlton is, but I've never heard of a Lotus Corsa.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I knew that idiot was talking ****, J had never heard of one either. And what that man does'nt know about cars isn't worth knowing......

·
Registered
172 Posts
have u been on ebay by some chance lol were some little chav is selling his pride n joy 1.2 corsa n making name sup for it coz he bought some sticker of a mate of a mate of a mate wich mean its now a lotus corsa?? :lmao:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what the guy said about it:

it has all the original development parts from the development gsi car thet lotus did!
the gsi corsa was developed by lotus with a c/r box, 160hp 1.6ltr 16v
thing was is lotus returned the development car to vauxhall and was told we cant release that as it will out perform our 1800 and 2000 engine variants so the car was restricted by vauxhall to 109hp on release yet the gsi still retained the suspension (anti roll bars etc)

Then I asked him what the difference between a standard and a Louts corsa was and this was his reply:

the difference is vauxhall production is near 8ft from air filter to inlet valve and lotus was 3ft. The fuel/ignition map is different and the inlet track but thats about it. I was at milbrook at the time when i first saw them and i was amazed at how they drove. But those were the days we would be sitting at 70mph dragging the brakes to let the porsches passed before we would drop the throttle and leave them behind! Those lotus carltons were great fun!

Also it was the 94 engine the year that they had the multec engine the ecotec was the 95 on models and they lost more power due to the egr also.

Hey the guy maybe right, be we've certainly never heard of one....

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
So the Corsa GSi would be back up to 160 bhp with the special Lotus map? 51bhp gain???? LOL!!!

Have I read this wrong?

·
28,825 Posts
sir_bombalong said:
is this guy talking about a corsa? or a lotus carlton
At 109 and 160 bhp, I hope to god he's talking Corsa.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's on another forum I frequent. I feel a little talking about him behind his back, hope he does'nt come on here:O whoops. But I really had to find out if he was talking crap, J is convinced he is...

·
CavWeb Audio Master
1,777 Posts
I'll probably be shot for this but Lotus Carlton I drove went like a train yes but otherwise felt like a £20k Carlton. Great looking car but very disappointed after driving it.

·
28,825 Posts
Ben said:
I'll probably be shot for this but Lotus Carlton I drove went like a train yes but otherwise felt like a £20k Carlton. Great looking car but very disappointed after driving it.
That's my experience of them too really, though the looks don't do nearly as much for me either these days.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
patty said:
He's on another forum I frequent. I feel a little talking about him behind his back, hope he does'nt come on here:O whoops. But I really had to find out if he was talking crap, J is convinced he is...
link please! we wont invite him on here........ promise:bust:

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
patty said:
This is what the guy said about it:

it has all the original development parts from the development gsi car thet lotus did!
the gsi corsa was developed by lotus with a c/r box, 160hp 1.6ltr 16v
thing was is lotus returned the development car to vauxhall and was told we cant release that as it will out perform our 1800 and 2000 engine variants so the car was restricted by vauxhall to 109hp on release yet the gsi still retained the suspension (anti roll bars etc)

Then I asked him what the difference between a standard and a Louts corsa was and this was his reply:

the difference is vauxhall production is near 8ft from air filter to inlet valve and lotus was 3ft. The fuel/ignition map is different and the inlet track but thats about it. I was at milbrook at the time when i first saw them and i was amazed at how they drove. But those were the days we would be sitting at 70mph dragging the brakes to let the porsches passed before we would drop the throttle and leave them behind! Those lotus carltons were great fun!

Also it was the 94 engine the year that they had the multec engine the ecotec was the 95 on models and they lost more power due to the egr also.

Hey the guy maybe right, be we've certainly never heard of one....
The thing about the engine is actually true. Lotus did play about with the C16XE and got silly BHP out it. Vauxhall went 'err no, we can't have that' and then strangled it with a torturous intake. There is an old TV feature on it. Will see if I can find it. Not sure about the suspension set up on the original GSi, would have thought Lotus would have done a better job as at the time the Corsa was roundly trounced by the Clio 16v and 106 XSi on the handling front.

·
28,825 Posts
Dougie said:
The thing about the engine is actually true. Lotus did play about with the C16XE and got silly BHP out it. Vauxhall went 'err no, we can't have that' and then strangled it with a torturous intake.
Must've been lots of other mods too though Dougie?

Would fitting a TB kit to an otherwise standard Corsa GSi engine take it 51bhp up (to 160bhp)? I doubt it personally, but then again I don't know much about the C16XE ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts