Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the steering coloum left side i have a black handle( for the want of a better word)which moves forward and backwards but i cannot see it purpose and in hand book doesnt show it .can any help with info as to what its for?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Hi .. Is it not the lock for the adjustment of the steering column?
Try pushing of pulling the steering wheel away from you whilst the handle is moved towards you .

Ray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have tried that but steering coloum does not move. it the handle only moves about an inch or so either way. i thought it was as you said to adjust steering coloum up down back and forth but it dont so im at a loss as to what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Steering adjustment ...

richiet said:
have tried that but steering coloum does not move. it the handle only moves about an inch or so either way. i thought it was as you said to adjust steering coloum up down back and forth but it dont so im at a loss as to what it is.
From memory my old Carlton had the adjustment lock on the LHS of the and had a knob on the end of it .. sort of cranked arm not unlike an american style gearshift only somewhat smaller.

Ray.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
221 Posts
Yes the black knob is for the steering column height adjustment.
There is no rake adjustment, on the omega, well not on the pre-facelift ones anyway.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
If you pull it towards you it causes the left bank rocker cover to blow. Push it away and makes the passenger side one blow. If you return it to the centre it makes the DIS pack fail. If you don't touch it for more than 4 hours it makes the ECU throw a wobbly.

Hope this helps.:lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
If you pull it towards you it causes ...

RonaldMcBurger said:
If you pull it towards you it causes the left bank rocker cover to blow. Push it away and makes the passenger side one blow. If you return it to the centre it makes the DIS pack fail. If you don't touch it for more than 4 hours it makes the ECU throw a wobbly.

Hope this helps.:lmao:
I refer once more to my letter of the 17 March 2006. :lmao:

Regarding your consistent efforts to guide your fellow Vauxhall owners ....


Please note that in responding to your request for assistance we will store your personal details and respective correspondence on our customer care database.

Service Request No. : 1-0123456789
Date : 17 March 2006

Dear Mr R McBurger,

I write in response to the report submitted by Ronald McBurger, regarding your Vauxhall Omega.

Our design engineers are trained to a very high standard, we feed them on a diet of bananas and small animals.

I would like to express our concerns regarding your antics whilst trying to maintain your vehicle in a roadworthy condition.

In future please refrain from publicly disclosing further details of your servicing skills as our engineers like all primates, are very easily upset.

Their communication through body postures, gestures, and vocalizations, all of which require intelligence to be interpreted are being severley disrupted by your consistent efforts to guide your fellow Vauxhall owners through the work carried out on your vehicle.

I may point out that unlike you Mr McBurger, our skilled design engineers demonstrate great intelligence. Amongst their mental feats is the ability to create mental maps and calendars, storing information about the locations of different fruit trees and the time of year when the fruits become ripe.

Our highly skilled engineers hands and feet are also adapted for servicing Vauxhall vehicles. Their fingers and toes are very flexible, and their palms and soles like those of humans are usually covered in hairless nonslip skin.

Many of our engineers have opposable thumbs and opposable big toes which can be closed against the other fingers or toes to create a tight grip. This facilitates the most difficult of tasks.

Please be assured that future vehicles designed and manufactured by Vauxhall Motors will continue to have the highest standard of failures possible.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to comment.

Yours sincerely

Mr M. Onkey (Top Banana)

Customer Service Manager
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Its not that I am bitter or anything and has absolutely nothing do with the fact that I cannot adjust my steering wheel. And, with the seat set where I am comfy, I cannot see the speedo properly without crouching.

So, pull it and blow up the car. So there!:lmao:

Actrually, I hope he didn't take my last post too seriously.!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
Its not that I am bitter or anything and has absolutely nothing do with the fact that I cannot adjust my steering wheel. And, with the seat set where I am comfy, I cannot see the speedo properly without crouching.

So, pull it and blow up the car. So there!:lmao:

Actrually, I hope he didn't take my last post too seriously.!!!
Headlines

Car Blows Up in Slough

This afternoon a 2.0 cd 16v auto exploded up in Slough.

Police are looking for a well known camcover blower whom they believe may have information leading to an conviction.

This man is also wanted for polluting the countrside with oil.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
489 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
Its not that I am bitter or anything and has absolutely nothing do with the fact that I cannot adjust my steering wheel. And, with the seat set where I am comfy, I cannot see the speedo properly without crouching.!

I thought it was just me.....to see the speedo i need to have my seat laid back,this is not comfortable,so what a great choice either drive by KPH or sit in a arkward postion.:lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
If you pull it towards you it causes the left bank rocker cover to blow. Push it away and makes the passenger side one blow. If you return it to the centre it makes the DIS pack fail. If you don't touch it for more than 4 hours it makes the ECU throw a wobbly.

Hope this helps.:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
stuart30 said:
I thought it was just me.....to see the speedo i need to have my seat laid back,this is not comfortable,so what a great choice either drive by KPH or sit in a arkward postion.:lmao:
Why exactly do you need to see the speedo? Ooops, that's not very CP, sorry.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
markjay said:
Why exactly do you need to see the speedo? Ooops, that's not very CP, sorry.
The only guage you really need to see is the fuel gauge.....but if you carnt see this either, its not really a problem, just pop into garage every couple of hours and everything should be fine :D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top