Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the exhaust I'm selling has a decat...but what is it? A bit of pipe at the end of the exhaust, this much I know but what does it do/what's it's purpose for being there? :bananasmi

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it matter for the MOT that there is no cat on a car if it was meant to for that year?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and from what year did Cav GSi's have cats?

G

·
All cav gsi's had a cat, pretty sure - you know who can say for sure.... :Cool2:
Highly unlikely it will pass a cat test, without a cat, if it requires one.
Not having a cat fitted in itself is not an mot failure, the highly likely fact the emissions will be high obviously will be a failure.
In all the cars I mot'd, only one non cat would have passed a cat test, old 2.3 granada at that :eh

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oo contradiction...all have cats but not pre j reg lol

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
92/93 which is when the J reg plates were registered had to have a Cat to pass an mot, before then doesnt matter if it has one or not

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exhaust came off a G reg GSi...ok, so pre J and anyone buying it will be fine :D Thanks All

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Post late 92 (J) GSi2000 models had a cat :up:

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
92/93 which is when the J reg plates were registered had to have a Cat to pass an mot, before then doesnt matter if it has one or not

91/92 j reg ,,,,,,,92/93 k reg;) august 1992 cat test came in to mot,,,,which make k reg on need a cat test

also had an h plate gsi that did have a cat and lambda sensor:crying_2:

the best person to ask about what gsi had cats, is c3mky

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
As above Biilly :) On your old H Reg, it were more than likely down to either an engine swap, or garage advice.

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
my gsi v6 was a g plate and passed its mot with the v6 engine in with the decat

·
Chief Dreamer
475 Posts
i no mate just popped it in anyway,didnt know because the engine was out a 95 cav v6 so didnt know if it would have to have the cat on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts