Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2.0 8v (seh) engine. at the moment it has k&n filter with cold air feed from front bumper, superchipped ecu, kent fast road cam.

what sort of power do u reckon this should be putting out?

im looking at probably a 4-2-1 manifold then eventually stainless system (power gains??)

also what other cost efficient mods would you suggest?

thnks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
The superchip won't be doing you any favours if you've got other mods as well as it won't be designed to work with them properly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i wos thinkin of just geting a standard ecu, run it on both and see which feels better to be honest, can pick up an ecu for this engine for very cheap u think it would be worthwhile?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeh ur rite

ah well, ill stick with my 130ish brake at the moment til i get bored, still only 18 so itl need to do lol

cheers

·
Registered
478 Posts
Supperchipped 20SEH, Get a pic of ya engine bay up, Ive got a 20seh, wondering what mods to do only had it cple of months and been real cold so couldnt be ars*ed.

How does the cold air intake make it sound???

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had an SRI 130 that I blew the engine on so i rebuilt it, new rings honed bores, crank grind etc and while it was in there I had the head ported and flowed with 3 angle valve seats etc. 4-2-1 manifold on when I rebuilt it and a Cone filter with a cold air feed, also put a FSE boost valve on, these dont give any more power but they do help throttle response quite a bit.
I had that dyno'd at 142 bhp with torque peak slightly up on an XE ( but obviously for a shorter period of the rev range) What an excellent motor that was. Upto about 100mph I could stick with 16v astra's, after that they pulled away, the 8v dosnt like being revved. Excellent back road tool tho.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Proberley just leave it running as it is then, Seems like its gonna be an expensive list for such an old car

air feed next tho defo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts