Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should a full service on a Corsa SXI 1.2 2001 include? And how much do you recon it'll cost? Preferably NOT at a Vauxhall dealer. lol :think

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
what it should include? depends if its a very minor one, or a major one, and what bits need changing,
oil
oil filter
fuel filter
cambelt
tensioners
water pump
brake dics
brake pads
spark plugs
etc etc etc.....

price? hard to tell without knowing what the car needs and if your going to some dodgy backstreet garage, one of your mates, or a dealer,

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
The 2001 1.2 is an ecotec, and has a timing chain, not a belt.

Check your owners handbook, the service schedule is in there.
Vauxhall wanted £200 or so to
Change
engine oil &filter
fuel filter
pollen filter
air cleaner
The service kit including oil was £23 trade IIRR!

On my first service they also counted the wheels, and checked the brakes without removing the wheels (or if they do, they carefully dirty and age the wheels so you can't tell) They are supposed to check the lights, wipers locks and grease the hinges. (And they look for corrosion so you keep the anti-perforation warranty)

They also perform any safety recall work without publicity, and may upload software to the ecu so it stands more chance of running correctly. This is the only downside I can see to home servicing.

Otherwise at least I know it has been done properly if I do it myself, and it is hardly rocket science.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. Reason I asked was the insp warning is coming up. Its had various stuff done like oil change, brakes etc. Just wanted to know the details of filters etc. :D

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Hold in the mileage reset when you turn on the ignition until the display obviously changes, then let go.
Instant 12 month service!

I change the pollen and oil filter every year, the air cleaner every two years, and never mess with the spark plugs, but I only do about 4000 a year. I'd rather ride my bike than be stuck in a metal box, but somedays I have to use it.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Just had the wifes corsa 1.2 serviced by Vx, including the 2 year brake fluid change came in at a reasonable £161.00 - only getting them to do it because of the service book being stamped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts