Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've found the information on this site very useful but I am confused about one thing but I will start from the start.

Its an 08 Vauxhall Zafira B 1.6 Petrol Engine X16XE1

Basically it came up with an EGR sensor error so I replaced the EGR sensor, it was fine for around 40 miles before loss of power, the usual story.

Now looking on this forum, it recommends checking the pipes for leaks, please could you tell me which pipes need checking as I cannot find this anywhere? Now I know someone will link a thread with this information on, making me look a total idiot, I'm sorry in advance.

Thanks

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,040 Posts
1st your engine code is incorrect, it should be a Z16XE1, totally different way of controlling the emissions. The usual faults with the Z16XEP/XE1 and system too lean messages, is down to blocked EGR channels in the inlet manifold. Search this forum for all the details.

·
Super Moderator
14,460 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that, yes I typed the wrong letter. I have read about the blocked EGR channels and looked at doing this and even downloaded a guide but I think its beyond my ability hence why I wanted to check pipes for leaks but I'm no nearer to finding out what pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts