Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Keep buying Astras........
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the old CDi has bitten the dust...............It's a shame seeing as I have just got it mot'ed and taxed, but seeing as the rad is leaking, the clutch is on it's way out, the power steering pump is leaking fluid, the o/s/f trye is all but knackered, it's got to go.
Have got hold of a 'L' reg Astra TD Estate, and was wondering...............what parts from the Cav would be worth keeping for use on the Astra, I know, the bulbs, battery, electric sunroof etc, but can anybody give me a clue what else would be handy to keep?
Have not got a lot of room to store stuff, got 2 sheds full of crap already, or so the wife tells me:shake
Any help would be gratfully received.
Cheers.
Phil.
I am going to get my money back on the tax

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
If your gonna get rid i might possibly have some parts off ya. im not too far either :D

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the old CDi has bitten the dust...............It's a shame seeing as I have just got it mot'ed and taxed, but seeing as the rad is leaking, the clutch is on it's way out, the power steering pump is leaking fluid, the o/s/f trye is all but knackered, it's got to go.
Have got hold of a 'L' reg Astra TD Estate, and was wondering...............what parts from the Cav would be worth keeping for use on the Astra, I know, the bulbs, battery, electric sunroof etc, but can anybody give me a clue what else would be handy to keep?
Have not got a lot of room to store stuff, got 2 sheds full of crap already, or so the wife tells me:shake
Any help would be gratfully received.
Cheers.
Phil.
I am going to get my money back on the tax
Anybody ?????

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Sorry mate just realised you had replied, has it got the headlamp wipers ? if not the centre vents surround ? what wheels/tyres has it got :D

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry mate just realised you had replied, has it got the headlamp wipers ? if not the centre vents surround ? what wheels/tyres has it got :D
Hi, Has the headlight wipers,. but think they might be seized up, never had them working, just used to blow the fuse when I tried to use them.
Centre vents surround is there, as for the wheels and tyres, was thinking of putting them on the Astra if they will fit.
The car has got 11 1/2 months mot and 5 1/2 months tax, was thinking of chucking it on Fleabay and see what I could get for it, it's a G reg 2.0 CDi

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
To be honest, most of those are simple fixes mate. and for the price of the clutch.... I'm sure someone on here would help you fit it.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest, most of those are simple fixes mate. and for the price of the clutch.... I'm sure someone on here would help you fit it.
I know, but have gone and got myself a Astra 1.7td Estate now, been after one for ages, and can't really afford to repair them both.
If I get nothing on Fleabay, I will trade in the tax and scrap the cav, it only cost me £32 on Fleabay a year ago, well, £31 really, found a quid in the ashtray....................:p

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Id have the whole thing off ya for £30 :D

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
I know, but have gone and got myself a Astra 1.7td Estate now, been after one for ages, and can't really afford to repair them both.
If I get nothing on Fleabay, I will trade in the tax and scrap the cav, it only cost me £32 on Fleabay a year ago, well, £31 really, found a quid in the ashtray....................:p
I'm tempted to offer you some mola or PC bits for it and strip it and repair it...

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Id have the whole thing off ya for £30 :D
That much !!!!!!!
It would have to be 'sold as seen'..............:Do
My son is a mechanic, and even he won't touch it.
No,. I think the answer is to claim the tax back, get what I want off of it then take it to the scrapyard...............or get my mate to shift it with his truck, has got a brand new clutch cable on it.....................:D

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Take it its undrivable then, is what youve listed above all thats wrong with it ?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Right, get some picks up - list what you want and what you have for grabs - if its a hatch and has the black panel on it - can i have first dibs?

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right, get some picks up - list what you want and what you have for grabs - if its a hatch and has the black panel on it - can i have first dibs?
Photo's to follow...................Still think I will chuck it on E-bay to see what the response is. Going to be as honest as I can, tell them exactly what is wrong with it.
Seeing as there seems no parts worth keeping for the Astra, I might as well try and make some money out of it as a going concern.
Thanks for all the replys.....
Phil

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
I would'nt bother with ebay as the listing/selling costs could be more than the cars worth.see if anybody will come and buy it as it is.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Not really that much wrong with it...I would sell it as a whole...I have a radiator sitting around spare...clutch is easy to fit and tyres aint that much...steering pump is a piece of cake to fix too...how much u want for it?

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not really that much wrong with it...I would sell it as a whole...I have a radiator sitting around spare...clutch is easy to fit and tyres aint that much...steering pump is a piece of cake to fix too...how much u want for it?
I suppose I would be looking at £200, thats with the tax on it, but I could not sell it till I have got the Astra on the road, waiting for a radiator.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts