Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been cleaning the inside of the car took out the ashtray to clean it and noticed this green plug behind it does anybody know what it is for

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
the ash tray in the front???
it looks like something to do with the speakers to stereo imo or trip comp

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
I dunno if its one of the heated seat switch plugs or not, but probably not I don't remember them being green.

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snail said:
the ash tray in the front???
it looks like something to do with the speakers to stereo imo or trip comp
yep the ashtray in the front i don't think it is anything to do with speakers as they are working fine

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
Danboy22uk said:
I dunno if its one of the heated seat switch plugs or not, but probably not I don't remember them being green.

pretty sure one of them is green..

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
kingrod said:
:ehAnybody got any idea what it is for or is it for the heated seats

id say yes its for the heated seats, have a look to see if you can find another one the same but black.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Heated seats blocks are generally black, but that looks exactly like it. Check on the other side and you will find the one for the other seat.

To confirm if you have fuel computer plug and stuff in your car, lift up the oval flap under the handbrake handle (the bit thats on the centre console behind the gearstick and in front of electric window switches).

You will see a load of electrical wires going into a block. If you can see three blocks of wires going into the main block, you have the fuel computer wiring already in your car. The one on the far right is for the Fuel computer switch.

The Fuel computer wiring plug is easier to get at from the glovebox.

Remove the glovebox, and tucked around to the right you will see a main bundle of cable. Halfway down this bundle of cables, and tucked in behind the side recess of the stereo you will find the fuel computer plug.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
kingrod said:
there was only the one plug there was hoping it was for the trip computer nut if not will have to keep looking

ive only ever seen a green plug for the heated seats..all others are black.

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will have another look in the morning but there is defo only one plug behind the ashtray had a good look when i found it but will have another in the morning

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
As above, its deffo looking like a heated seat plug for the switches. Check out my heated seat thread and compair photos, and wire colours to make sure;)

Heated seat plug hunt thread HERE

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
delerium said:
ive only ever seen a green plug for the heated seats..all others are black.
One of mine was green and the other black...

Thought it was to indicate passenger and drivers side, but thinking about it afterwards that is rollox coz they only fit one way each side! :rolleyes:

·
VxON Insane
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i think it is for the heated seats then been having a look in the car (could not wait until the morning) and found the other black plug so you lot are right as normal

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
vauxmaster said:
One of mine was green and the other black...

Thought it was to indicate passenger and drivers side, but thinking about it afterwards that is rollox coz they only fit one way each side! :rolleyes:

Your right, but i managed to plug mine in wrong :lmao: I was f'ing, and blinding trying to get it plugged in, put everything back, screwed it all down, only to find, the passenger switch heats the drivers seat, and visavera :lmao:

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
C3MKY said:
Your right, but i managed to plug mine in wrong :lmao: I was f'ing, and blinding trying to get it plugged in, put everything back, screwed it all down, only to find, the passenger switch heats the drivers seat, and visavera :lmao:
:lmao:

I hate it when that happens... U faff around for god knows how long sorting something out, then after fitting it all back together... It hits u thats it's all wrong and u have to take the whole lot apart again! :rolleyes: :lmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts