Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 2386 Posts

·
12,755 Posts
I had a nice Surface RT which was my own personal tablet for a while. Worked great but couldn't turn the sound down so I took it apart to swap out the volume control board and managed to pull the power connector off the main board. I was absolutely furious with myself for doing it, it still works fine on the mains but obviously no good to use away from a power supply now. I was impressed with it compared to the Android tablets I had been using up to that point.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I really don't envy you guys with youngsters at home when trying to work. Must be a nightmare with them not really understanding that you're working! I know someone I work with is having similar issues with her 4 year old. She is often having to tell him to sit down, be quiet etc when in a Teams meeting :LOL:

The only one in our house left in education is Beth and she's 18 now, and has been working on college stuff quite happily via Teams or from work emailed by her lecturer. She has said that a lot of her mates aren't bothering to do the work, but she's doing it without me having to keep on at her. I did explain to her that she's doing the right thing because given that there's no exams now for this year, her results will likely depend on assessment from teachers amongst other things - so putting in the effort remotely now can only help :)
Try having the basset hounds , the wife was on a 4 way call with the directors when Hector started pleasuring himself against the kitchen door frame.
“ Where’s that whale like sound coming from ? “
“ Sorry “ said the wife , “it’s my basset hound Hector”
Well it gave everyone a laugh for moment ?

·
Premium Member
14,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,703
Try having the basset hounds , the wife was on a 4 way call with the directors when Hector started pleasuring himself against the kitchen door frame.
“ Where’s that whale like sound coming from ? “
“ Sorry “ said the wife , “it’s my basset hound Hector”
Well it gave everyone a laugh for moment ?
Dolly's fav party trick when you are on the phone is "bum scooting", the noise that goes with it:ROFLMAO:Something you'd rather not explain over the phone to a none dog owner.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
If you have ever wondered what the print head looks like in a Epson printer here it is:
View attachment 91282

View attachment 91283

View attachment 91284

View attachment 91285

That shiny rectangle is actually the print head which is a miracle of modern engineering because it contains hundreds of microscopic print nozzles. Unfortunately this one is destined for the great printer graveyard because despite my best efforts the black is not printing. It belongs to my sister who asked me to look at it and I have got all the colours operating again. Even after pressurising the black nozzle and giving it a few sessions in my sonic cleaning bath it still isn't working so reluctantly it has to be scrapped
It had been set for 2 years unused and I think the chambers inside the head are just too far gone to clear. The sonic cleaner got loads out and I was optimistic but unfortunately it didn't get it working. You can buy a new head but it costs more than a new printer.
What model printer was it, local Vicar had a stint at going to the local auctions at Lithgow's in Stokesley, one day he rang me and said I've bought a pallet of returns, they were Epson 205 and 405 printers (WiFi and scanners built in), there must of been about 40 if them all boxed, he would bring me a steady stream to repair, bought a load of ink and some figure 8 power leads and set out to repair, they were 95% just blocked jets which I cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol, he made back 3 times the amount he paid only sold them on for £15, think I still have 5 or 6 at the back of the shed I never got round to fixing.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Likes this.
10,896 Posts
I had a nice Surface RT which was my own personal tablet for a while. Worked great but couldn't turn the sound down so I took it apart to swap out the volume control board and managed to pull the power connector off the main board. I was absolutely furious with myself for doing it, it still works fine on the mains but obviously no good to use away from a power supply now. I was impressed with it compared to the Android tablets I had been using up to that point.
They're good bits of kit, feel like really good quality. But the screen scaling is dreadful when connected to external monitors (of which I have two in my normal work desk situation - only using one external monitor at the moment due to space and Mrs SteveW using my "spare" so she doesn't have to work on just a laptop screen.

We use SAP for our main ERP system at work and the GUI for that doesn't like the Surface hardware. It used to work so much better on my old HP Folio Elitebook that I had previously.

When the applications team complain to the infrastructure team about it though, we just get told that it's because "SAP is sh*t".......

·
12,755 Posts
What model printer was it, local Vicar had a stint at going to the local auctions at Lithgow's in Stokesley, one day he rang me and said I've bought a pallet of returns, they were Epson 205 and 405 printers (WiFi and scanners built in), there must of been about 40 if them all boxed, he would bring me a steady stream to repair, bought a load of ink and some figure 8 power leads and set out to repair, they were 95% just blocked jets which I cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol, he made back 3 times the amount he paid only sold them on for £15, think I still have 5 or 6 at the back of the shed I never got round to fixing.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
It's this wifi and scanner built in.

20200331_122731.jpg

My sister left it sat for 2 years before telling me it had a problem and the head wasn't in the park position. That's why I think it is now knackered.

20200331_123018.jpg

I have virtually the same printer. Mine cost me a fiver off eBay and an £85 speeding fine on the way back!!

The heads in mine must be blocked partially too because unless you print on photo quality the prints are all stripey and banded. Luckily the cartridges are only about 30p each.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,919 Posts
Email from the work's fleet office. New car has arrived. Woo hoo! Can't pick it up until next week at the earliest and I'll have to beg and plead with someone to open up the building for me due to our coronavirus shut down.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
It's this wifi and scanner built in.

View attachment 91309

My sister left it sat for 2 years before telling me it had a problem and the head wasn't in the park position. That's why I think it is now knackered.

View attachment 91310

I have virtually the same printer. Mine cost me a fiver off eBay and an £85 speeding fine on the way back!!

The heads in mine must be blocked partially too because unless you print on photo quality the prints are all stripey and banded. Luckily the cartridges are only about 30p each.
I have the Epson XP700 because it prints on discs, had a few Epson printers R200, R265 the last before the one I use now was a Epson P50, people slate them but Epson printers are good, reset the ink counter yourself and your back up and running.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
The wife’s commandeered my new home printer a brand new Cannon Pixma.
She’s using it like a proper office printer , doing over 200 plus pages a day.
I’ve had to order 4 XL ink cartridges which she promises me I’ll get the money back from her.
I’ve given her an extension lead with 4 sockets but today that’s not enough as she expands her office in the dining room to now include “ work music “
Well that is until the phone rings & the house as to go into quiet mode until the conversations finish.
Then there’s the deliveries that keep on coming ( boxes of paperwork ) now piling up in the dining room.
It’s testing that’s for sure having the good lady working from home.

·
Super Moderator
13,129 Posts
The wife’s commandeered my new home printer a brand new Cannon Pixma.
She’s using it like a proper office printer , doing over 200 plus pages a day.
I’ve had to order 4 XL ink cartridges which she promises me I’ll get the money back from her.
I’ve given her an extension lead with 4 sockets but today that’s not enough as she expands her office in the dining room to now include “ work music “
Well that is until the phone rings & the house as to go into quiet mode until the conversations finish.
Then there’s the deliveries that keep on coming ( boxes of paperwork ) now piling up in the dining room.
It’s testing that’s for sure having the good lady working from home.
makes your job look a piece of pee :ROFLMAO:

1701 - 1720 of 2386 Posts