Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1819 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Most folk around Edinburgh taking heed, nice spread out q at morrisons Gilmerton, big tesco in Falkirk is a write off..do not go there! Did my jobs at Forth Valley hospital, crack of dawn, came home to terminally clean and isolate for the rest of the day. Plenty of wee jobs to do about the house to keep me entertained until Christmas luckily.

·
Premium Member
10,284 Posts
Looking for the black gold mate. She went away 3 weeks ago, all living in their own little bubble out there which is reassuring for now.
At least she's safe mate, that's all that matters.

So is it all round to yours for a Party......oh wait we can't, damn there's always something.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,284 Posts
I know I shouldn't but called at Euro to take parts back and collect, it was like a Sunday on the roads quiet but not a Police car in sight, Euro had a 1 in 1 out policy with a member of staff at the door enforcing it, there car park was marked in to metre squares 2 metres apart which you had to stand in, inside the shop it had taped arrows on the floor directing you to the counter were a section was marked off that you had to stand behind, there was a different door out, talking to the staff member at the door saying I come from Boro and not seen a single Police car, he said the only Police he had seen had been in to collect some parts for his car.

In the main door there was a stand with 3 boxes of the orange gloves Edd China wore, you could take a pair for free if you wanted them, I wish I had took a few now.

Called a Lidl in Stockton it was empty I was expecting to to be rammed, got nearly everything on the list Sister sent me, Whole Chicken, eggs, bacon, No flour and none of their own brand cola which is quite nice.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,803 Posts
Morrison’s on line ordering page has crashed due to overwhelming on line ordering taking place.
We managed to get a click & collect food order tomorrow evening from Asda in Hinckley.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Morrison’s on line ordering page has crashed due to overwhelming on line ordering taking place.
We managed to get a click & collect food order tomorrow evening from Asda in Hinckley.
Grabbing all my bits and bobs locally instead of hitting supermarkets. Luckily only one mouth to feed in my house. The the panic buyers will hopefully be reaching their maximum capacities soon, although I doubt some of them will having shipping containers to fill yet, What a carry on.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Walked the dog this morning, passing three supermarkets (Lidl, M & S Food, & Waitrose). All were fairly quiet compared to the last week or so. Waitrose were operating a one out one in policy, the others just allowing normal entry.
I took my wife to M & S Food (I stayed outside), she did a small shop for some essentials (we have a home delivery booked from Morrisons on Friday, just hope most of it comes).
Had my son on the phone playing hell that his boss won't shut the factory (industrial building manufacturer), so he still has to go to work, driving a lorry. Don't know what he thinks I can do about it, I haven't worked for that family for about 49 years!

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Walked the dog this morning, passing three supermarkets (Lidl, M & S Food, & Waitrose). All were fairly quiet compared to the last week or so. Waitrose were operating a one out one in policy, the others just allowing normal entry.
I took my wife to M & S Food (I stayed outside), she did a small shop for some essentials (we have a home delivery booked from Morrisons on Friday, just hope most of it comes).
Had my son on the phone playing hell that his boss won't shut the factory (industrial building manufacturer), so he still has to go to work, driving a lorry. Don't know what he thinks I can do about it, I haven't worked for that family for about 49 years!

H+M call centre with over 100 folk crammed into was still operating in Edinburgh yesterday..Boris needs to roll his sleeves up a wee bit higher I think.

·
12,349 Posts
Emptied my car out onto the drive, then checked the spare wheel well was bone dry after my home made sealing gaskets for the rear lights were installed around a month ago. All good there, so finally put the boot side panel back in after it has been in the garage for over 2 years ! Awkward job to do which would have been a lot easier by unbolting the rear seat that side but got it back in eventually with help of a good torch to locate the plastic fasteners in their locating holes.
Then, seeing as how I had the seats down and the dog guard out I dropped the headlining and plugged a wire back in from my aerial, which appears to be linked to the aerial amplifier. The reception has never been as good as it was before I fitted the new aerial base. Can't test it because I live in a good signal area and won't be travelling for a while to where it has issues.
Hoovered everything out in the back, gave the plastics a good clean with some dashboard wipes and cleaned the door shuts for good measure. Started getting a bit damp in the end as the night air came in so the front of the car will be done tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Been a glorious sunny day here today in Boro, potted about in the rear garden.
Same here in sunny (for a change) South Wales. Also pottered about in the garden yeserday, finally got round to replacing a couple of broken fence posts (only another 10 to go). Hopefully I will do a couple more today (or maybe not)!

·
12,349 Posts
Lovely sunny day out the back of Koi Castle. A cold can of Strongbow will definitely be in order later on.

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,653
My boiler is struggling today, requires 3 new parts. Waiting to see if it's going to be an insurance write off, if so may require a new one.
On top of that I've done my back in, a lot worse than usual. Down to moving 125 litre compost bales around and using that breaker last week, reliving my youth I think. As long as I can walk (just), I'll be in work tomorrow.

·
12,349 Posts
Just turned one side of the greenhouse over for my father. Taken him a week to do the other side so this will give him a boost. Easy now for him to pull the weeds and roots out that are in the soil.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
My boiler is struggling today, requires 3 new parts. Waiting to see if it's going to be an insurance write off, if so may require a new one.
On top of that I've done my back in, a lot worse than usual. Down to moving 125 litre compost bales around and using that breaker last week, reliving my youth I think. As long as I can walk (just), I'll be in work tomorrow.
Meant to say thanks for that post of yours a while back about your condensate drain. I’ve got an Ideal Logic + Heat 24 heat-only boiler that was cutting out and showing F2 fault code. I knew it was something to do with the condensate drain because when I disconnected it under the sink the boiler would start up again. Saw your pic with the siphon drain tank so stripped mines out and cleaned it – boiler has been serviced by Gas Safe engineer every year but the tank had never been cleaned. Also found the drain pipe was sagging at one point it so sorted that out. Boiler’s been fine ever since. Hope you get yours fixed OK.

·
12,349 Posts
  • Totally random thing to do but we have some very nice Chrissy animatronic things that have a mains adaptor. There are 3 in total and naturally 3 mains adaptors. Unfortunately when they were put back into storage in January 2019 some wise sole, thinking they were all the same, put them in one box. One was easy to identify because it had a small plug coming from the mains adaptor. The other two were a problem because they have the same size plug but run st different voltages. Playing safe I plugged the lowest voltage one in first but neither animatronic worked. So that left a 50 50 guess, which didn't end well when something went bang about 10 seconds after being plugged in. Thought I would take a look today and found this:
    20200326_172357.jpg
If you look closely the small 100uf capacitor has exploded!

20200326_172010.jpg

In days gone by I would have nipped into Maplins and picked one up but can't do that anymore, so will see what is on eBay later and have a look inside a faulty Freeview box I am dumping just in case there is one in there. Luckily the circuit board is marked with the polarity so replacing it is simple when I get one.

·
12,349 Posts
Earlier on I took an old microwave apart to get the powerful magnets out of the magnetron. Watched a few YouTube videos which tell you it is a really dangerous thing to do so used my special Poundland pliers and proceeded with caution. Could see the huge capacitor can, which is the bit that kills you so stayed well away from that bit. 10 minutes later I had 2 powerful magnets for my troubles. Very handy when things go flying off and land somewhere on the grass verge.

·
12,349 Posts
15852453770772810317010470389864.jpg

1585245450925498269546565821205.jpg

Can only just pull them apart.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Watched "The Dog Rescuers" on channel 5 tonight. Poppy didn't seem to like seeing other dogs on the screen.

1641 - 1660 of 1819 Posts