Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 2321 Posts

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,731 Posts
Time to get out on the bike then
That would be the 'C' word! :oops: ..........cardio.

Don't think that'll do much for back and chest :geek:

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,910 Posts
That would be the 'C' word! :oops: ..........cardio.

Don't think that'll do much for back and chest :geek:
I thought the 'c' word was crossfit.

As a fatty, my cardio is also resistance training.

·
Premium Member
14,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,603
Just filled my raised beds with 70% peat based compost and 30% top soil. Ready for my tomato plants, chillies also going to put in mixed carrots this year too and maybe a cucumber plant. All grown from seed.
IMG_20200321_114516693~2.jpg

There's my tomato and chilli plant seedlings on my window sill.
IMG_20200321_115409653~2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts
Took the hounds on a exploration expedition , we’ve been through streams , water logged fields , muddy wet ditches , bushes , brambles , wooded areas.
Covered around 5 miles in total , the hounds are black with mud though lol ?

·
12,711 Posts
My father is just planting his tomatoes, he always leaves it late then complains when the crop is so poor.

·
Premium Member
10,529 Posts
Just filled my raised beds with 70% peat based compost and 30% top soil. Ready for my tomato plants, chillies also going to put in mixed carrots this year too and maybe a cucumber plant. All grown from seed.
View attachment 91095
There's my tomato and chilli plant seedlings on my window sill.
View attachment 91096
Did you start them off in the dark, leaves look like they lack a bit of sunshine.

·
12,711 Posts
@Borojust out of interest does your Abarth 595 sound like the exhaust has gone when you start it from cold?
There is one in work that sounds like that, but sounds a lot better as the revs rise.

·
Premium Member
14,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,610
@Borojust out of interest does your Abarth 595 sound like the exhaust has gone when you start it from cold?
There is one in work that sounds like that, but sounds a lot better as the revs rise.
It does sound a bit throaty when it's started within a closed in type area from cold, sounds even better once you've revved it past 4k from inside.

·
Rascal
12,043 Posts
Also mowed the lawn yesterday but just a high cut, which revealed a few spots where a Fox had left his mark over recent days... so I removed as much of that as possible.

remembered that the shed was a total tip when i tried to get the mower out. That’s a job for next weekend I think

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,731 Posts
Also mowed the lawn yesterday but just a high cut, which revealed a few spots where a Fox had left his mark over recent days... so I removed as much of that as possible.

remembered that the shed was a total tip when i tried to get the mower out. That’s a job for next weekend I think
Slightly high cut here too.

Did you end up moving across the road?

·
Premium Member
10,529 Posts

·
12,711 Posts
Spent an hour or so up the ladder cleaning the gutters out front and back.
The back one had a dandelion growing out of where it connects to the downpipe, which is why it wasn't draining away. Managed to hose it clear without getting wet.
The rear was a different matter, got drenched trying to shift the build up of sludge. The downpipe was clogged with oak leaves from the tree over the road. Next door's front gutter is blocked solid though so it's not ideal but at least the girlfriend's side has a good chance of being able to drain now.

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts
Tidied the back garden & mowed the front lawn.
Got back indoors to find a message from the gaffer.
He’s offered me 20% , instead of me paying him the fixed cost of £120 a week for very little take he’s only asking for 20% of my weekly earnings.
Seems very fair to me so i agreed to the new terms he’s offering over this period of uncertainty.

·
Premium Member
14,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
Tidied the back garden & mowed the front lawn.
Got back indoors to find a message from the gaffer.
He’s offered me 20% , instead of me paying him the fixed cost of £120 a week for very little take he’s only asking for 20% of my weekly earnings.
Seems very fair to me so i agreed to the new terms he’s offering over this period of uncertainty.
Seems good of him, must have an half decent boss.
I'm thinking about reducing my services I go into now for cross contamination reasons, between me, the tenants & staff. Also I'm wanting to reduce my hours a bit too, this may be possible as the people I support are mainly staying at home now, requiring less staff, but at the same time the job is becoming more challenging for everyone. I wouldn't mind not being wanted either & taking a 80% of my wages, I doubt this will happen though. Although after a month I think I'd be climbing the walls.

·
12,711 Posts
Yep, I've been off for around 8 weeks now and getting to the point of being bored. Done all the things I can't normally get time to do. Could always tidy the garage I suppose.
The bizarre thing is my employer would have asked me to work from home now anyway.

1601 - 1620 of 2321 Posts