Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1799 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
At present sat in Sainsbury's carpark Sedgefield, took Mother and Sister to George Bolam butchers in Sedgefield, sweet baby Jebus, it was heaving, if you are in to meat my god you would cream yourself, the choice is unbelievable, they have fruit and veg, bakery making cakes as well as bread and pies lots of buy 1 get 1 free, Deli counter selling cheese's and cooked meats.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,062
At present sat in Sainsbury's carpark Sedgefield, took Mother and Sister to George Bolam butchers in Sedgefield, sweet baby Jebus, it was heaving, if you are in to meat my god you would cream yourself, the choice is unbelievable, they have fruit and veg, bakery making cakes as well as bread and pies lots of buy 1 get 1 free, Deli counter selling cheese's and cooked meats.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
I don't think I'll go, as I'm fat enough:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
I don't think I'll go, as I'm fat enough:ROFLMAO:
Oh and they have a restaurant attached to the main building just left of the main entrance, that was packed as well but we did get there around 12.45pm so lunch time trade.

Bought a lot of stuff Minted Lamb BOGOF, Pre made Parmos, BIG bag of beef bomes 79p (give them to my brother for his new dog), I like chip shop savaloys they were 5 in a pack 99p BOGOF, sausages, I bought some loose Tomato flavoured sausages they are about 7"/8" long £4.50 a kilo assistant said you get 10 in a kilo not to greedy got 5 instead.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,064
Oh and they have a restaurant attached to the main building just left of the main entrance, that was packed as well but we did get there around 12.45pm so lunch time trade.

Bought a lot of stuff Minted Lamb BOGOF, Pre made Parmos, BIG bag of beef bomes 79p (give them to my brother for his new dog), I like chip shop savaloys they were 5 in a pack 99p BOGOF, sausages, I bought some loose Tomato flavoured sausages they are about 7"/8" long £4.50 a kilo assistant said you get 10 in a kilo not to greedy got 5 instead.
Yep I'd have a field day too, if I went. The last time I went to Sedgefield was a long time ago to the car boot sale, the days when you had plenty of private sellers, not traders.

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
Yep I'd have a field day too, if I went. The last time I went to Sedgefield was a long time ago to the car boot sale, the days when you had plenty of private sellers, not traders.
Thats on the other side of the motorway, you have to go through Sedgefield village to get to George Bolams unless you carry on down the motoway close to the A1M entrance.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,793 Posts
Had what was supposed to be a 10-15 minute meeting this morning with someone about some road layout. An hour later and we're getting nowhere. Then someone else comes and collars me. Another half an hour. One bloke was so visibly upset that he was shaking. The other was telling me how to do my job.

Deep joy.

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
Mate asked me if I'd order him some parts for his van, he has a Peugeot Expert, he wanted new door lock barrels, side Sliding door handle and sliding door guide female part that goes in the door pillar, I ordered all the parts from ebay, anyway gets message a day later sorry we have no stock so we have refunded, so found another and again day later we have no stock so we have refunded, got sick of this so rang the dealer couldn't believe the price it was only £3.36 so bought it from the dealer.

So while I was out I popped to Yarm were I bought a McCullough petrol strimmer, A Partner petrol Chainsaw and a Mac Allister petrol hedge trimmer block wanted £45 offered him £30 got a message back saying no I'll take £40, then got another message saying I'm selling for my dad here's his number give him a ring so I texted him and said will you take £35 and I can call in the next hour, he replied with yes OK here's my address, so went to Stockton to the Peugeot dealer then on to Yarm.

So Andy add these to my collection 3 petrol tools for £35, £11.66 each cant fall off.

·
12,340 Posts
Another tablet resurrected.

Two cracks right across the middle of the touch screen.

Brand new but the owner broke it getting it out of the box. (I think they dropped it).

Very, very fiddly arrangement for the screen cable because it wraps underneath the main board so there is virtually no slack to plug it in.

Got to solder the microphone wires back on too because they fell off when I popped that back off but I need my magnifying glass to do that.

The microphone is the tiny round black thing taped to the broken screen in the first photo. I can only just see the two contacts where the wires have to go back on to.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
top gear didn’t get any better then.
woefully bad actually. 4 minutes was enough.
Its a pointless program now.. Its time top gear went to the scrap heap i think

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
Took Brother to have a look at this Fiesta, according to the MOT advisory's of Coolant Leak, Oil Leak and Exhaust Leak all very slight, now it was MOT'd before engine change, I found the oil leak at the top of the engine (But why does it still have a leak after the engine replaced), well there was oil at the top of the engine on the left hand side there was a few spot of spatter of really black oil on the bulk and the Master Cylinder, it looked like somebody had knocked a hole through timind belt cover and the oil that was coming out was thick and black.

Question.........

How quick would fresh oil take to turn black, the oil and filter were supposedly changed when the engine was swapped out August 2019, so within 4 month it is black

·
Likes this.
10,836 Posts
Finally managed to get the right hand side engine cover off of the bike. Only had to drill one head completely off of one of the bolts in the end, used stud extractors for the rest and with a bit of fiddling they came out eventually.....

Now I have to remove the clutch to get to the disc valve cover and crank seal :cry:

1061 - 1080 of 1799 Posts