Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1262 Posts

·
11,934 Posts
I was outside this afternoon in a T shirt cos I was working so hard I had to take my coat off.

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,026
Watched my boys beat Man Utd.
Best team in Europe
Best team in the world
Best team in the premiership
Every premiership team now beaten
Come on you Reds 😃😃😃
Just watched the highlights. I bet you enjoyed the goalies assist and his victory run:ROFLMAO:
I seen that match it was like watching Boro play
I preferred it more when Boro beat ManU at home, when we were in the premiership:)

·
Super Moderator
25,501 Posts
No grip on the roads this morning , many junctions coated in ice & tyres not finding tarmac , ice as not melted yet.
Blue skies now so ice should melt away by lunchtime in many areas but not in the shade of trees etc.

·
Likes this.
10,752 Posts
Spent most of the weekend, stripping bits off the bike to try and get 11 bolts out of the right hand engine cover so I can examine/replace the right hand crank seal. I failed :(

Well, I managed to get two out, but the rest will not budge. I even laid the bike down on the floor so that I could get more pressure on the screwdrivers to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Not sure what to do next tbh, a bit reluctant to drill them out as the cover is aluminium and if I slip I could put the drill straight through it. I may have to take the engine out of the frame completely and take it to someone that can get the bolts out I guess :(

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,753 Posts
Went to Ikea at the weekend. A hateful place. And, as I'm trying to put less rubbish food in my face, I didn't even have a hot dog.

In work, it's been helpfully decided that I'm now responsible for double the geographical area. So I get roughly double the work. All for the feeling of satisfaction that others are doing half my work for the same pay. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Spent most of the weekend, stripping bits off the bike to try and get 11 bolts out of the right hand engine cover so I can examine/replace the right hand crank seal. I failed :(

Well, I managed to get two out, but the rest will not budge. I even laid the bike down on the floor so that I could get more pressure on the screwdrivers to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Not sure what to do next tbh, a bit reluctant to drill them out as the cover is aluminium and if I slip I could put the drill straight through it. I may have to take the engine out of the frame completely and take it to someone that can get the bolts out I guess :(
Are they Phillips head or Torx screws? Try an impact driver on them. If they've been put in with thread sealer you're on your own.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Replacement rear wheels on now 😎😎

It is safe to say that this set of vxr wheels are bargain of the decade so far 🤪

·
Super Moderator
25,501 Posts
Walked the hounds around our local park @ 5.50 am today.
Lots of ice on roads & cars but as we walked back 30 minutes later the ice was melting on roads & on the cars.
It certainly didn’t feel as cold as it looked.
Nature in action , rare to see as most people are usually in bed.

·
Rascal
11,890 Posts
Been tidying up the house all weekend ready for it to go on the market. Got home from work last night and shoveled a ton of shingle onto the front garden to replace the old torn up lawn, looks a lot better now but my back is paying the price!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Well so far today ive had 3 paint brushes, a roller and a chaulk gun vanish into thin air.

So i flipped my f*****g lid big time 🙄😊 dont touch my poxy tools then!!

·
Likes this.
10,752 Posts
Are they Phillips head or Torx screws? Try an impact driver on them. If they've been put in with thread sealer you're on your own.
Philips head and I've tried an impact driver on them and they will not budge. My dad has a heat gun that he's bringing over on Wednesday evening so I am going to try heating up the crank case to see if that helps at all.

I think they've got some kind of loctite/thread sealer on because I can see indications of that on the two bolts I have managed to get out (and they moved initially with an almighty SNAP!) - but it wasn't done by me. It may have even been like this from new and never been opened before. Bike is 35 years old next month and has covered 19k miles.

1021 - 1040 of 1262 Posts