Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1799 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Todayi did a 200 mile round trip to pick up 4 19" ronal vxr alloys for £102 😎 3 good tyres and the wheels seem to be in good shape too 🤔I'll find out when i fit em tomorrow 😂

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
Well cousin has had a bit of a sh1tty week this week, he started delivering parcels for Hermes before Christmas because he could pick a choose his hours and were he delivered, any way Tuesday he calls in here to use the facility's and get something to eat, he came in a said some one has just nicked his phone out of the front of his van, he got out of the van went to the back to get the parcel as he shut the door and clicked the key fob 2 lasses shout Mr he's just nicked something out of your van so in the confusion the lad was of down the road so he gave chase in the van but the lad scaled a 6ft wall in to a cemetery, so that was it gone it had his bank card, credit card, driving license, HGV Licenses and a few other things to do with his HGV Licenses, anywho he couldn't get his hazard lights to go off, so I pulled the switch, played about with the key fob and it fixed the issue.

Today he turned up like normal he was delivering around my area, used toilet then went, he came back a couple of hours later all flustered come and have a look at the van the gear selector has fell off, he'd called at his mates garage he told him the selector had fell off but again his yard was heaving with jobs backing up, so as comes out of his mates my mates garage is not far from it so called in there he told him the same, but he was on his way out to pick up a trailer as he owns a trailer company with his dad, so cousin came to me say his selector has come off, after he calmed down the reverse selector had come off, so looked down the back of the engine and it was just sat there, so managed to get my arm down the back scratching my arm on the engine lift bracket, lifted it up and snapped it back on, told him there you go try it, he didn't believe me so I said I'll bet you your wage this week that it will work, he wouldn't bet me so he gets in and reverses back, couldn't believe it so showed him what he has to do if it happens again.

Ordered a new selector arm from ebay £4.68 will be here Saturday.

·
12,340 Posts
Is that one of the models that you can buy the clips for to keep the gear selectors in place?

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
Is that one of the models that you can buy the clips for to keep the gear selectors in place?
Combo van with the 1.3cdti, got the one that looks like the original, I think there was a metal adjustable one, watched a video on Youtube from a company selling them had a pin that you pushed in after you have fitted it then it snapped on to keep it in place.

·
12,340 Posts
Girlfriend managed to damage her Kindle for the 3rd time.

·
12,340 Posts
It had stopped charging and responding to the keys too so time for a screen and motherboard swap.

Some of the screws are minute.

Swapped the battery too.

IMG_20200118_160951.jpg

Pleased to say it all works perfectly.

Brownie points banked.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,600 Posts
Had the Impreza MOT'd yesterday. Straight through, with the usual very minor advisories. With the new system, I'm told that testers are told to scratch around for SOMETHING to put down.

It's 14 1/2 years old now, and has never let us down.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Had the Impreza MOT'd yesterday. Straight through, with the usual very minor advisories. With the new system, I'm told that testers are told to scratch around for SOMETHING to put down.

It's 14 1/2 years old now, and has never let us down.
Result 😎 sounds like you have a tidy scoob 👍i miss my 2000 impreza.. Always fancied another at some point

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,600 Posts
Result 😎 sounds like you have a tidy scoob 👍i miss my 2000 impreza.. Always fancied another at some point
It's a cracker yeah. So good, we've owned it twice :)

I went to look at another one yesterday (same age but running more power), seeing as I've killed the gearbox in the RS6 😢 😢 😭

·
12,340 Posts
Been out in the cold hoovering the girlfriend's car out and found a pile of soggy leaflets in the spare wheel well from the previous owner (my sister) which is probably why it has been misting up a lot recently. Going to go and wash the interior glass after then jack it up to try and track down a noise which sounds like a wheel bearing is rumbling.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
It's a cracker yeah. So good, we've owned it twice :)

I went to look at another one yesterday (same age but running more power), seeing as I've killed the gearbox in the RS6 😢 😢 😭
Ooooooh id love an rs6 😇😇😇

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Took the astra out on 2 of the 4 19 ronals and hurray no shaking any mkre and somewhat more stable now 😂 only tested 2 of the wheels so far as they have legal tyres. Got the checked and balanced before hand and they are as round as round can be and buckle free 😁 even if the other 2 are shagged i got my £125 quids worth already and thats including cost to collect..

Well worth the 4 hour round trip
The other 2get checked along with new boots

·
12,340 Posts
Found my lower boot compartment is running in water again.
Least I know why it's been misting up so bad now.

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts
Done Nowt, woke up this morning with the intention of replacing rear gate post, but looked out of the window and all the cars and house roofs were covered in a thick frost so I couldn't be Ar5ed.

to be fair to the weather, it looked colder than it was, i had a sweat on when i took the dog over the field at half 9, nearly took me hat off :ROFLMAO:

1001 - 1020 of 1799 Posts