Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1069 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #985 (Edited)
Went to a place called "Pie Jackers", in the Boro to meet my son for lunch, whilst my car is in for some work and an mot.
I would recommend the cafe, very good traditional grub.
My car is at a trusted independent having my cambelt kit, water pump, aux belt and mot done for £320. Oil filter, oil and fuel filter for £70. Had two advisories, 2 flexi brake pipes, I think. £80 for those two. So it's been an expensive day.

IMG_20200115_115326841~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #987 (Edited)
I’m off tonight to see the film 1917 , it’s been getting good reviews.
I was going to watch it today, but my closest cinema only had it in 4Dx which I don't like and it would be £19 for two on a buy one get one free offer. I'd rather watch it 2d for £8.40 for the 2.
Going back to my brake pipes, they were not flexi, standard pipes, steel/plastic coated. Garage showed me where they'd blistered up, same pipe, both sides. My Astra is 5.5 years old with 44k on the clock. Whats the point of plastic coating steel brake pipes? When they corrode, anyway. The copper replacements should outlast the car.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
2,998,491 Posts
Went to a place called "Pie Jackers", in the Boro to meet my son for lunch, whilst my car is in for some work and an mot.
I would recommend the cafe, very good traditional grub.
My car is at a trusted independent having my cambelt kit, water pump, aux belt and mot done for £320. Oil filter, oil and fuel filter for £70. Had two advisories, 2 flexi brake pipes, I think. £80 for those two. So it's been an expensive day.

View attachment 90352
My kinda meal :cool:

·
11,771 Posts
Why is the microphone pointing at the pie?
Was it shouting to you "Eat Me! Eat me now!!"

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,232 Posts
Dived out at lunch to the local dog pound to see a 3yr old hairy lurcher stray they are rehoming. Frightened of men (apparently)...but i got her eating from my hand, ear rubs and slight eye contact after a patient 15 minutes of no pressure. Hopefully try to get her rehomed with us...but first come first served after a looooong interview and interaction.

(We said goodbye to our wee collie cross mid November...)

Here's hoping...

·
2,998,491 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #992 (Edited)
Can
Can't beat traditional food (no pun intended), the pie I had was steak, black pudding & guinness. A small unadvertised local company that's struggling to survive with the overheads related to running a business/shop premises. I'll certainly visit again for lunch.
Back in the early 90's I think my brother achieved his grade 10 in drumming, I certainly suffered during the late 80's for him to achieve his goal:ROFLMAO:Probably why I've been off drumming ever sinceo_O
I have a soft spot for traditional mushy peas. Box & tablet bring back memories?

·
2,998,491 Posts
Back in the early 90's I think my brother achieved his grade 10 in drumming
It only goes up to 8 ;)

It's diplomas and degrees after that.

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
I was going to watch it today, but my closest cinema only had it in 4Dx which I don't like and it would be £19 for two on a buy one get one free offer. I'd rather watch it 2d for £8.40 for the 2.
Going back to my brake pipes, they were not flexi, standard pipes, steel/plastic coated. Garage showed me where they'd blistered up, same pipe, both sides. My Astra is 5.5 years old with 44k on the clock. Whats the point of plastic coating steel brake pipes? When they corrode, anyway. The copper replacements should outlast the car.
Cracking film , the camera work is amazing , the atmosphere is eerie & captivating.
The realism is so good you feel every move with your senses & get the real feeling of being there & the hopeless tasks your sent on give you the glimpse into the lottery of life & luck in the First World War.
A must watch film , the 2 hours flew by.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #996
Cracking film , the camera work is amazing , the atmosphere is eerie & captivating.
The realism is so good you feel every move with your senses & get the real feeling of being there & the hopeless tasks your sent on give you the glimpse into the lottery of life & luck in the First World War.
A must watch film , the 2 hours flew by.
Good, I'll have to go and see it before it leaves the cinema.

·
Premium Member
9,738 Posts
Can

Can't beat traditional food (no pun intended), the pie I had was steak, black pudding & guinness. A small unadvertised local company that's struggling to survive with the overheads related to running a business/shop premises. I'll certainly visit again for lunch.
Back in the early 90's I think my brother achieved his grade 10 in drumming, I certainly suffered during the late 80's for him to achieve his goal:ROFLMAO:Probably why I've been off drumming ever sinceo_O
I have a soft spot for traditional mushy peas. Box & tablet bring back memories?
Was that the one that was in the Gazette before Christmas, they had their rates bill in and it was nearly double what the other businesses around them were paying.

·
Premium Member
9,738 Posts
Did you know part of that was filmed at the Tees Barage

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #999 (Edited)
Did you know part of that was filmed at the Tees Barage
No & yes the pie place was in our paper. Food is good, pastry exceptional, worth a visit(y)If ya like pie's? As I certainly do. I think it's on Victoria road, although you wouldn't think businesses there would pay a lot for their rates. If you do go, go for 4 sides, as it's 4 sides for the price of 3. Mash, roasties and pigs in blankets etc. I made the mistake if buying 2 sides (mash and mushy peas), without realising. Large mug of tea was £1.80. So without a drink, the meal with 4 sides would have been around £6. I'm happy to support smaller businesses. I'll go back again, at some point.
Forgot, it's closed on a Monday, only open on a Saturday on match days. Although you'd have thought not opening on a Monday would be a loss of revenue.

·
Super Moderator
11,787 Posts
No & yes the pie place was in our paper. Food is good, worth a visit(y)If ya like pie's? As I certainly do. I think it's on Victoria road, although you wouldn't think businesses there would pay a lot for their rates. If you do go, go for 4 sides, as it's 4 sides for the price of 3. Mash, roasties and pigs in blankets etc. I made the mistake if buying 2 sides (mash and mushy peas), without realising. Large mug of tea was £1.80. So without a drink, the meal with 4 sides would have been around £6. I'm happy to support smaller businesses. I'll go back again, at some point.
do ya not read the gazette

981 - 1000 of 1069 Posts