Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

961 - 980 of 3484 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #961
The new series of Karl Pinklingtons Sick of It is now available to watch on Sky one.
Brilliant comedic take on real life’s erks & dilemmas & awkward situations.
In this series his mom says he needs a girlfriend , meanwhile he gets restless with life in general & stops taxi driving.
He gets rid of the Skoda & leases a brand new BMW 7 series with all the gadgets etc & starts a single client chauffeured service because he heard there was big money to be made.
As usual he soon realises it’s not all sugar & roses.
Agree, very good. As I'm also seeing it from a carers prospective, usually a ponient ending to each episode too.
I enjoyed the first series too.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
When did Neil pass ?
Some great songs from that band , first heard of them in the late 70’s on a radio show called Friday night rock show.
They had such a distinctive sound that made the tracks stand out against other rock bands of the time.
Every now & again i just have the need to put some Rush on ?
I believe he died on the 7th, but it was only announced yesterday (the 10th). My lad came running down stairs to tell me ?

He was the rock/prog master, and the player who got me in to playing in odd time signatures and pushing myself technically.

First time I heard Rush was in 85/86 on The Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance (Radio 1). I used to tape the show as a kid, and fell in love with a live version of this track, La Villa Strangiato....

·
13,364 Posts
Got myself a new tablet, just needs the new digitiser fitting. The part only cost £5 so cheap to replace.

Gives me something to do on a soggy Saturday afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
26,655 Posts
I believe he died on the 7th, but it was only announced yesterday (the 10th). My lad came running down stairs to tell me ?

He was the rock/prog master, and the player who got me in to playing in odd time signatures and pushing myself technically.

First time I heard Rush was in 85/86 on The Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance (Radio 1). I used to tape the show as a kid, and fell in love with a live version of this track, La Villa Strangiato....

Tommy Vance would play all the good stuff from various rock artists back in the day , i heard a lot of music i wouldn’t have heard of if wasn’t for Tommy.

·
13,364 Posts
Well that took longer than it should have done but when the front is that bad the glass splinters everywhere.
Unfortunately I burnt out the hairdryer with acrid, black smoke pouring out of it just after I started. Had to use the hot air gun then which you have to be really careful with to avoid any damage to the lcd.
Got the replacement a fraction out of position so the home button is sticking a fraction but I'm hoping that will move a little as I use it.
Think I'll buy another one to do now and sell it on.

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
Bought a small generator from a lad on Marketplace who lived in Hartlepool, I messaged the lad expecting it to have been sold but got message back saying yeah is still available but has to be gone by 11.30am told him sorry couldn't make that he replied with what time can you come, told him 2pm, he then asked if I was real or fake as there is no photo on my account, told him I only use Facebook for Marketplace, anyway went at 1pm had a bit of a hassle finding his address, asked a Postman who pointed me in the right direction, lad came out and carried to my car, its a Power Craft 2 Stroke Generator.

And I paid the princely sum of £10

·
28,788 Posts
Tommy Vance would play all the good stuff from various rock artists back in the day , i heard a lot of music i wouldn’t have heard of if wasn’t for Tommy.
"Tommy Vance,..The Music Vendorrrrrrrrr!" :cool:

I still have a few Friday Rock Shows on cassette somewhere, from the mid to late 80s.

·
13,364 Posts
Me too, used to record it most Fridays.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
True to firm im still partyin and gettin rather f****d ???

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,018 Posts
I could never really get into Rush. Just didn't do it for me. But it's always saddening to hear of someone so influential passing. Looking at my facebook timeline over the weekend, Peart meant a lot to a lot of my friends.

·
Likes this.
11,105 Posts
"Tommy Vance,..The Music Vendorrrrrrrrr!" :cool:

I still have a few Friday Rock Shows on cassette somewhere, from the mid to late 80s.
I used to look forward to TV's show every week back in the day :)

Johnny Walker does a Rock Show on Radio 2 now on a Saturday evening I think, I've not listened to it though so don't know how it compares, but I quite like Johnnie Walker as a DJ/radio presenter.

As for what have I done recently - well this week I have lost 4.8lbs in weight :D :D

·
28,788 Posts
*I used to look forward to TV's show every week back in the day :)

*Johnny Walker does a Rock Show on Radio 2 now on a Saturday evening I think, I've not listened to it though so don't know how it compares, but I quite like Johnnie Walker as a DJ/radio presenter.

*As for what have I done recently - well this week I have lost 4.8lbs in weight :D :D
*Same. It was the highlight of my week as a kid. Me and a couple of different mates would sit and listen to it together sometimes too, taking turns to record it,...carefully editing out the news. The good old days when we would listen to this and entire vinyl albums, with no mobile phones or laptops to distract from or dilute the experience. Attention spans seem to be a lot shorter now. Vance got me in to soooooo many bands that I would never have heard of in the charts or anything.

*We listened to JW's show yesterday on iPlayer funnily enough. Great selection and he even plays longer tracks in their entirety (like Zeppelin's 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' this week, with the full psychedelic instrumental part), unlike twa*s like Steve Right, who cut them short and sing badly over the last 5 bars.

*Good man. I'm down 3 lbs this week.

·
28,788 Posts
I could never really get into Rush. Just didn't do it for me. But it's always saddening to hear of someone so influential passing. Looking at my facebook timeline over the weekend, Peart meant a lot to a lot of my friends.
Fair comment. My wife's the same. If she's been a very naughty girl, I threaten her with an entire album's worth of Rush songs. She loves the instrumentals, but can't cope with Geddy Lee's vocals. Where many singers get richer and deeper and more 'gravelly', Lee's voice has done the complete opposite. On the first album ('Rush' by Rush), his vocals were so gritty and 'Plant-like'. This was the album before Peart joined, when they were more of a cool/straight noisy 70s rock band, more in line with bands like UFO, Montrose and Budgie etc.

Listen here...

·
Super Moderator
26,655 Posts
*Same. It was the highlight of my week as a kid. Me and a couple of different mates would sit and listen to it together sometimes too, taking turns to record it,...carefully editing out the news. The good old days when we would listen to this and entire vinyl albums, with no mobile phones or laptops to distract from or dilute the experience. Attention spans seem to be a lot shorter now. Vance got me in to soooooo many bands that I would never have heard of in the charts or anything.

*We listened to JW's show yesterday on iPlayer funnily enough. Great selection and he even plays longer tracks in their entirety (like Zeppelin's 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' this week, with the full psychedelic instrumental part), unlike twa*s like Steve Right, who cut them short and sing badly over the last 5 bars.

*Good man. I'm down 3 lbs this week.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Well today i survived work after a vewy messy birthday weekend and feel surprisingly good too ?

Reactions: oberlisc and andy_v

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,018 Posts
Fair comment. My wife's the same. If she's been a very naughty girl, I threaten her with an entire album's worth of Rush songs. She loves the instrumentals, but can't cope with Geddy Lee's vocals. Where many singers get richer and deeper and more 'gravelly', Lee's voice has done the complete opposite. On the first album ('Rush' by Rush), his vocals were so gritty and 'Plant-like'. This was the album before Peart joined, when they were more of a cool/straight noisy 70s rock band, more in line with bands like UFO, Montrose and Budgie etc.

Listen here...

I'm much the same. Not a fan of the vocals. I don't dislike Rush, if they're playing on the radio, or a streaming station, I don't skip the songs. But I don't actively listen to their music.

·
Premium Member
14,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
My Chinese 32mm socket arrived off eBay with an 1/2" drive, just to undo my filter housing. No expense spared, £2.24 off eBay and solid stainless steel:ROFLMAO:For the amount of times I'll use it, can't see any issues with it. Will have to check the size of my fuel filter housing next, when the weather is a bit better, as I'll be changing the fuel filter too. Think it's a 34 or a 36mm, but will have to check.
IMG_20200114_164915497~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,126 Posts
Just been to get some diesel and the prices are going up again 128.7 a litre in Morrisons, Petrol 123.7 a litre.

Also been to collect a Scheppach BTS 800 bench belt sander, has a sanding bench on the top that runs left to right, can also be lifted upright to run up and down, it also has a 6" disc sander on the front, came with a hand full of discs.

Was on Marketplace over weekend, bloke said it was pending pick up, so said if they don't turn up let me know, anyway last night got message saying they didn't turn up, so arranged to collect today turns out he lives next street on from my Aunty.

They are still for sale on Amazon for £170, I gave him £40

·
Super Moderator
14,145 Posts
Just been to get some diesel and the prices are going up again 128.7 a litre in Morrisons, Petrol 123.7 a litre.

Also been to collect a Scheppach BTS 800 bench belt sander, has a sanding bench on the top that runs left to right, can also be lifted upright to run up and down, it also has a 6" disc sander on the front, came with a hand full of discs.

Was on Marketplace over weekend, bloke said it was pending pick up, so said if they don't turn up let me know, anyway last night got message saying they didn't turn up, so arranged to collect today turns out he lives next street on from my Aunty.

They are still for sale on Amazon for £170, I gave him £40

should start ya own thread called "what i bought today" (y)

961 - 980 of 3484 Posts