Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

721 - 740 of 803 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
This morning I had Ice on the windscreen. It's that time of year again when I get all smug about my headed front screen and heated seats :D
Yep the heated front screen is a really good idea. I had one for a very short time when I owned a fiesta. I'll just have to make do with a warm bum for now with my seats. Heated wheel would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Spent the last few hours cleaning up oil and thanking my lucky stars.

Started my van this morning heard a bang, thought what the hell was that put it down to being cold, went to work, finished at 10pm started me van, cleared the ice from the wind screen at the same time I was thinking this van sounds a bit a throaty and a little tappy, got out on the road and realised a headlight bulb was out so pulled into the shell garage bought a bulb lifted the bonnet and oil was absolutely everywhere and I mean everywhere and only a tiny bit registering on the dip, only gone and forgot to put the oil filler cap back on Sunday when I was cleaning around the bay, the bang I heard was the oil cap dropping down by the Cambelt cover under tray, fecking hell close or what, if it hadn't of been for the bulb going...well I dread to think... what a flipping idiot.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
Ooft. That's either lucky or unlucky, depending on your take.

The GF sent me an excited message to tell me that she's ordered some ridiculous inflatable Christmas decoration. It's for the front of the house. What are the chances that I can sell it in secret and tell her that it's been stolen?

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Ooft. That's either lucky or unlucky, depending on your take.

The GF sent me an excited message to tell me that she's ordered some ridiculous inflatable Christmas decoration. It's for the front of the house. What are the chances that I can sell it in secret and tell her that it's been stolen?
No chance !

·
11,505 Posts
Broke the forum.

Worked second attempt.

·
11,505 Posts
Took the Touran for its MoT which it failed on both outer CV boots being split. Had a nice walk with my hairy sidekick on an unusually pleasant December day.

View attachment 89863
IMG_20191204_201118.jpg

IMG_20191204_201145.jpg

The walk takes about an hour by which time the car is ready.
IMG_20191204_201145.jpg

·
11,505 Posts
Not quite got the hang of images yet.
@andy_v can you do some tidying up please?

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Not quite got the hang of images yet.
@andy_v can you do some tidying up please?
Hmm I’ve had a go at tidying up , there’s something amiss with the image software as it seems to duplicate many images or remove too many images.

·
Super Moderator
25,096 Posts
Decided to go to the East of England Show Ground (Peterborough) to the final big model railway show of the year.
Over 30 model railway layouts on display.
Trade exhibition & sales.
Skill training on display all day for unskilled mutts like me.
Look & learn & try not to sound like a complete novice lol :)

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #733

·
11,505 Posts
I've only ever fitted one split boot and while it avoided dismantling things it was incredibly fiddly and didn't inspire me with much confidence that it would last, even though it was fine for several years.

I've ordered a CV boot fitting cone to avoid taking the joint off the shaft. Never used one but looks straightforward enough.

Only drawback of an MoT this time of year is being outside in freezing weather if it fails on anything.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
I didn't know that these cones existed. Look to be a bit of a faff, but then everything about CV boot replacement seems to be a faff. Those air/drill operated stretch ones look funky, but the tool is £75+.

·
11,505 Posts
Plenty of lube apparently is the secret to getting it on.

·
11,505 Posts
It comes with two sachets. (y)

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
721 - 740 of 803 Posts