Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

701 - 720 of 803 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
I was despatched to Aldi yesterday for opening time to get one of the sprout things on my way to work. Somehow, I forgot about it and went on autopilot to work. Told the other half that they'd run out by the time I got there. Which wasn't a lie. I just didn't tell her that I went at lunchtime like normal.
Within a couple of hours of them going on sale the Giant (1 metre tall) Kevin and Katie were up on Facebook Marketplace £50 and I seen one for £100 they were only £19.99 each, people the robbing Bas&$rds

·
11,505 Posts
For someone who prowls the bargains that's a surprising comment.
I regret not selling my Mr. Alexander for £100 when they first came out.
Welcome to the world of capitalism. (y)

·
11,505 Posts
The reference to the robbin barstewards offering the goods they have bought and paid for a higher price. (Kevin & Katie).

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
The reference to the robbin barstewards offering the goods they have bought and paid for a higher price. (Kevin & Katie).
I look for bargains not to sell on but for my own or friends personal use, people buying for £19.99 multiples purposely to sell on and try and get a 400% profit is pure greed, but I hope the seller gets stuck with them.

It just the same as you wanting to go a watch Wales in Euro final the ticket costs £30 but because you didn't get to the office before they sold out, but somebody is selling the very ticket you would of bought for £200 is that not greed when you know they only paid £30 for the ticket.

Well that's the way I look at it anyway.

·
11,505 Posts
Greed or not the buyer ultimately has a choice, nobody twists anyone's arm to get ripped off.
Market forces drive that sort of behavior.

I once sold dancing flowers on eBay and they took an age to sell, then suddenly they started fetching silly high prices and we sold out.
I eventually asked one buyer why they had bid so high and he told me it was to do with the short sequence at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy with baby Groot dancing. Again market forces at play.

·
11,505 Posts
Took the girlfriend's old "big box" telly to the tip. Took two of us to carry it out.
Collected the glass TV stand she picked up for a tenner last week in the charity shop.
Now has the brand new Toshiba 41" LED sat on it we bought last week in Argos for the same price as Lidl were selling them for as a special Black Friday offer. Then I has a further £16 off using my work discount card.
Turns out even though it doesn't say anywhere on the box or in the Lidl or Argos description it actually has Freeview HD and we think also has built in Freeway HD too so has turned out to be a much better bargain than we thought.
Got to link the DVD and VHS players to it tomorrow as well as the surround sound system but I'm already impressed. It's easily up with my expensive LG telly I have at home that costs considerably more.

·
11,505 Posts
Well the cold appears to have killed the battery in the Touran which wouldn't start even with a jump start. My father is now looking for the invoice so I can check the guarantee. Sure it is less than 3 years old and a good quality Bosch battery.
More pis*ed off that my plastic bonnet catch on the slam panel sheared off in the cold when I put my bonnet support down.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Don't know how cold it got here but when I took my nephew home it said on my Infotainment screen 3.5 degrees watch out for Slippery roads that was after 8pm.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
Very busy weekend and glad to be back at work away from Christmas decorations and lights.

But, we got our tree up and connected to a 'smart socket' so we can just shout at Alexa to turn things on and off. No more noisy mechanical timers!

Also gave the lawns a bit of a hack/cut with the petrol mower. The grass was so wet that it's done a terrible job.

Next weekend's outside job is to jet wash the patio as it seems to have gone green in a matter of weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Very busy weekend and glad to be back at work away from Christmas decorations and lights.

But, we got our tree up and connected to a 'smart socket' so we can just shout at Alexa to turn things on and off. No more noisy mechanical timers!

Also gave the lawns a bit of a hack/cut with the petrol mower. The grass was so wet that it's done a terrible job.

Next weekend's outside job is to jet wash the patio as it seems to have gone green in a matter of weeks.
I was told never cut grass when its wet or been raining as you can rip the grass out by its roots.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
I couldn't believe my eyes, was in B&M on friday and what was on the shelf were the sweets are, Creme Eggs its not even Christmas yet.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
I was told never cut grass when its wet or been raining as you can rip the grass out by its roots.
If you're sensible, you should be OK. Sharp blades, raise cutting height (went over the grass 3 times - dropped the height each time), take it slowly, regularly checked for clogging. And I made sure the mower was cleaned properly afterwards.

There were no grass roots in the collection box that I could see.

·
Likes this.
10,646 Posts
This morning I had Ice on the windscreen. It's that time of year again when I get all smug about my headed front screen and heated seats :D

·
Rascal
11,812 Posts
This morning I had Ice on the windscreen. It's that time of year again when I get all smug about my headed front screen and heated seats :D
I do miss that from the Mondeo but to be fair, it took me less time to just pour warm water over the screen and side windows, few swipes with the wipers and I'm away whilst my bum warms up :)

·
Likes this.
10,646 Posts
I do miss that from the Mondeo but to be fair, it took me less time to just pour warm water over the screen and side windows, few swipes with the wipers and I'm away whilst my bum warms up :)
yeah I agree, generally It's actually quicker to pour warm water over the windows - but today I forgot and couldn't be bothered to unlock the house again :LOL: so I just sat there and waited a couple of minutes with heated screen on and wipers on fast :D

·
11,505 Posts
Just been in our local Aldi and they have loads of the Kevin and Katie small plush toys, the £3.99 ones. Other parts of the country had them scrumped within a few minutes of opening apparently.

701 - 720 of 803 Posts