Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

681 - 700 of 803 Posts

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
Well as you know I'm a Skoda fan, and I think you'll do well with the petrol its a good motor in that car. had one as the hire car on holiday, and even test drove the Kodiaq with the same engine in, it goes as well as you want it to and plenty of room in the back. The only reason I discount them is because I'm too bloody tall and wide to get in and out of them in a comfortable manner, the B pillar is right when my body is. Would get tiresome on regular use.
I'm arranging a test drive and hoping to have one for half a day or so, just so I can do a tip run in it.

I mean, ensure that it's suitable for my needs.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
Hope Dolly recovers well and soon.

I've been to pick up a petrol mower today. £40 2nd hand. Seems in decent condition, started easily (doesn't appear to have been started before I got there - it was cold). Hopefully, it'll do a better job of the grass than the electric one I've got (once I've sharpened the blade).

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
Hope Dolly recovers well and soon.

I've been to pick up a petrol mower today. £40 2nd hand. Seems in decent condition, started easily (doesn't appear to have been started before I got there - it was cold). Hopefully, it'll do a better job of the grass than the electric one I've got (once I've sharpened the blade).
Thanks for that, just waiting to hear when I can pick her up.

·
Likes this.
10,646 Posts
Just dropped Dolly off at the vets, she has a tooth abcsess, tooth out job, going to be expensive. She's in pain, needs removing, main thing. Will pick her up later, before going to work.
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and she's back to her normal self soon enough.

I know Molly, our springer (who has had countless operations due to being a **** and charging through brambles etc) is always groggy as hell for the first day after an op. Soon bounces back though and is back to her normal stupid self :D

·
Premium Member
12,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and she's back to her normal self soon enough.

I know Molly, our springer (who has had countless operations due to being a **** and charging through brambles etc) is always groggy as hell for the first day after an op. Soon bounces back though and is back to her normal stupid self :D
Thanks for that, she's 11 now so no spring chicken, although still fit and still enjoys long walks. Losing my dog for the day is like losing a leg:ROFLMAO:As a responsible owner, we need to look after them too(y)Maybe I've been lucky, but it's the first time I've had a dog with tooth issues, doubt I'll get much change from £300 when I pick her up. If I'd of had insurance, it probably wouldn't have covered it anyway, no doubt down to wear and tear/old age. As I'd asked this question to the vet that examined Dolly this morning.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Got up this morning at 7am to go to Aldi for them opening at 8am, went to Marton Road store, there was already about 30 people stood outside, parked the car up got a trolley and stood towards the front and was going to wait till they went in then join queue, but as the doors opened and people started going in some woman said to me come on son get yourself in, the reason for my early visit was today they released this years Kevin the Carrot, the plush toys were Kevin, his wife Katie, their 3 kids, Russel Sprout and Tiny Tom all linked to their Christmas advert The Greatest Showman, Aldi had totally miss judged demand there was loads of Kevin, Katie and the Kids, but not many of the other 2, it was a frenzy, you were allowed 2 of each, managed to get 2 Kevin, Katie, the Kids and Russel Sprout and 1 Tiny Tom thanks to a nice lady who was reaching in to the cage to get to pull out Russel and Tom.

Had to go to EuroCarParts to pick up a click and collect item, called in the Aldi in town centre sold out of Russel and Tom but still had loads of the others, on the way to Euro called at another Aldi in Stockton, they had loads of boxes piled up near the doors again loads of the other 3 but no Russell or Tom.

Went to Euro got my order and the lad matched the cost of the Bug cleaner screen wash I posted.

Came out of Euro and thought I'm not far from Yarm so I'll pop in to the Aldi there on my way home, went in the store they had loads of wrapping paper and books of Kevin the Carrot, asked one of the assistants who said they all sold out within minutes of the doors opening, so went and got a drink went to the checkout and I couldn't believe my eyes in a box at the end of the checkout that had wrapping paper in was a Tiny Tom so grabbed it straight away.

So does this mean I now have to believe in god.

·
11,505 Posts
I've got a Kevin the Carrot bag.
I bought it a few years ago on Halloween thinking it was a pumpkin.
Keep it dangling from my passenger door arm rest.
Comes in very handy.

·
11,505 Posts
Been to

Had a day off today and put some LED security lights up before rain stopped play.

Another day off tomorrow.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,705 Posts
I was despatched to Aldi yesterday for opening time to get one of the sprout things on my way to work. Somehow, I forgot about it and went on autopilot to work. Told the other half that they'd run out by the time I got there. Which wasn't a lie. I just didn't tell her that I went at lunchtime like normal.

Presumably, Karma caught wind of it and I had a phone call from the bike company. I had to chase them up as I'd not heard anything for a few days (after they said they needed to check that the manufacturer had got the requested size in stock). They have. But... they mentioned that there's quite a difference in price and I'd chosen the more expensive one. They told me what the price difference was. I told them that they hadn't mentioned anything about payment when they contacted me last week. I pressed them for more details and all they could tell me was some numbers - I told them that the numbers didn't mean much to me - I chose the bike from the 2 options they gave me and the one I chose best matched my riding (longer gears and tyre choice, mainly). He mentioned some prices, a possible account credit to spend with them. I asked them to confirm by email what my options were. Last week, when they told me that Kona had accepted the warranty, I'd have been happy with just being able to pick something for equal value (or an upgrade with my own money).

I just want to get back to posting about cycling!

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
:cry::cry::cry: am still undecided yet, oh decisions decisions :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I definitely will not be voting for Anthony High (Independent) he has proved himself to be a career politician, he was voted in at the last council elections, the Mayor Andy Preston appointed him as his Drugs Tsar tasked with cutting the drug dealing and using in Middlesbrough (yes I know you couldn't make it up, a drugs Tsar called High) but now he seems to be more bothered about trying to become Middlesbrough's MP, he has already been reported to the Police for his campaign banners and he hasn't even been elected.

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
I was despatched to Aldi yesterday for opening time to get one of the sprout things on my way to work. Somehow, I forgot about it and went on autopilot to work. Told the other half that they'd run out by the time I got there. Which wasn't a lie. I just didn't tell her that I went at lunchtime like normal.

I just want to get back to posting about cycling!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

681 - 700 of 803 Posts