Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4941 - 4960 of 5207 Posts

·
14,553 Posts
ya put it in the car yet and had the heater on :rolleyes:
It is sweeping across with rain here in soggy South Wales so when it eventually eases off I will pop it back in. It will work because I tested it and have the 3 different resistance readings for each of the 3 lower speeds. The motor itself sounds fine but if it pops the fuse again there are loads on eBay.
I always have the fan on speed 1 so it has had a lot of use I suppose compared to someone who only turns it on when they need it.

·
Super Moderator
15,458 Posts
It is sweeping across with rain here in soggy South Wales so when it eventually eases off I will pop it back in. It will work because I tested it and have the 3 different resistance readings for each of the 3 lower speeds. The motor itself sounds fine but if it pops the fuse again there are loads on eBay.
I always have the fan on speed 1 so it has had a lot of use I suppose compared to someone who only turns it on when they need it.
read somewhere few years ago that ya cant solder them cos it will just melt the solder when it gets hot, but then i dont know what temp it gets to on speed 1 and 2, the two main ones i use, i just put a second hand motor in mine last month with a repaired resistor on it and a new pollen filter, the filter was gross, black more than white :oops:

·
14,553 Posts
It's also physically wrapped around the mounting posts. If it fails again there is the option of crimps to make the connections.

·
14,553 Posts
I always thought you couldn't solder them because the heat would trip the thermal fuse which blows at 160°. I clipped two small alligator clips on the wires to dissipate the heat and got away with it.

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
read somewhere few years ago that ya cant solder them cos it will just melt the solder when it gets hot, but then i dont know what temp it gets to on speed 1 and 2, the two main ones i use, i just put a second hand motor in mine last month with a repaired resistor on it and a new pollen filter, the filter was gross, black more than white :oops:
Are you sure it was black from muck, because the Carbon ones are black.

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
It's also physically wrapped around the mounting posts. If it fails again there is the option of crimps to make the connections.
I always thought you couldn't solder them because the heat would trip the thermal fuse which blows at 160°. I clipped two small alligator clips on the wires to dissipate the heat and got away with it.
Cant see why you can't crimp some spade connectors on the legs on the fuse they are long enough.

·
Super Moderator
27,256 Posts
deffo mate, the new one was white, 9 years come march i have had it, and ive never changed the pollen filter before, and the old one should of been white, and if there not white, how ya know how dirty they are 🤷‍♂️
Hope ya change ya underpants more often lol 😂

·
Super Moderator
15,458 Posts
washed the car, also disinfected all plastics, dashboard, buttons, switches, stalks, steering wheel, handles, seat belt buckles, gear knob, handbrake..................... MOT tomorrow 🤞

edited post just to say it was dettol disinfectant, car smells like an hospital theatre (y)

·
14,553 Posts
Cant see why you can't crimp some spade connectors on the legs on the fuse they are long enough.
Never thought of ordinary spade crimps, I've got some "flag" style ones that would have been ideal. Still peeing down so can wait till tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
27,256 Posts
Changed out the broken front light bulbs on our Vauxhall Vivaro bus , the job was actually quite easy for a change.
One of my colleagues wanted me to replenish the Adblue tank fluid in the Zafira because it was coming up on the dashboard messages about it only having 895 miles to go before running out , i said it’s too early yet to refill , best i wait until it gets down to 300 miles.
Another colleague wanted to know why the tyre pressure warning light had gone out on the B - Max & why the strange beeping sound had stopped coming on , that’s because i pumped the tyres up to the correct pressure , oh they replied i didn’t think it would be that simple.
No wonder i got the job of looking after the fleet lol 😂

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
deffo mate, the new one was white, 9 years come march i have had it, and ive never changed the pollen filter before, and the old one should of been white, and if there not white, how ya know how dirty they are 🤷‍♂️
The Carbon ones are supposed to filter out any smells coming from the engine bay.

Thought you were starting a taxi business all that interior cleaning

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
Changed out the broken front light bulbs on our Vauxhall Vivaro bus , the job was actually quite easy for a change.
One of my colleagues wanted me to replenish the Adblue tank fluid in the Zafira because it was coming up on the dashboard messages about it only having 895 miles to go before running out , i said it’s too early yet to refill , best i wait until it gets down to 300 miles.
Another colleague wanted to know why the tyre pressure warning light had gone out on the B - Max & why the strange beeping sound had stopped coming on , that’s because i pumped the tyres up to the correct pressure , oh they replied i didn’t think it would be that simple.
No wonder i got the job of looking after the fleet lol 😂
Not their cars so just run them in to the ground.

·
14,553 Posts
Found a leak up in the attic where the rain is getting in around the chimney, quite soggy up there. We had a lot of work done a couple of years back but looks like this horrible, swirling drizzle has found a way through. Will keep a close eye on it till we can get someone to take a look at it. Think I might put an old towel up there to soak some of it up, then at least I can change it to stop it penetrating too far.

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,958
.......... MOT tomorrow 🤞
Mine too, along with an oil & filter change. I hope there's not much snow in sunny Guis tomo morn.
Found a leak up in the attic where the rain is getting in around the chimney, quite soggy up there. We had a lot of work done a couple of years back but looks like this horrible, swirling drizzle has found a way through. Will keep a close eye on it till we can get someone to take a look at it. Think I might put an old towel up there to soak some of it up, then at least I can change it to stop it penetrating too far.
My brother had one of his chimneys took out for that very same reason, has a slate roof too. One of them is for an upper back bedroom, not needed, so had it took out. At least my extension felted roof is still dry, after having it replaced last year. Garage roof next, along with new gutters & facias. Have someone to do it, just waiting for a few days of decent weather. Home maintenance seems to be ongoing.

Also spent most of today removing ivy from my garage wall & gutters, gone for good now. now I know why it's called "poison ivy", can be very aggressive, certainly wouldn't have it on a house.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,229 Posts
We decided to keep the sprog off school. Keep him home and away from the great unwashed - I'm working from home and the other half only works until lunch time. But his school tasks seem to be taking the mickey somewhat. I know he needs to learn. But I don't see the sense in one of today's tasks. A miserable day. So let's get them outside to pick up natural materials to make a fairy house. While I'm working a full time job at home. While my other half works in a dental practice. I had half an hour spare at lunch today to supervise going outside - did we balls as like go outside. My half hour lunch break was taken up as follows:

0-5 minutes, argument with 6 year old that it's January.
5-10 minutes, decide what he wants for lunch. Changes his mind 7 times.
10-15 minutes, argue about whether he wants honey then butter on toast, or butter then honey. Decides on butter then honey. Eat toast. Complain that it should have been honey then butter.
15-20 minutes, have a hissy fit because one of the dogs breathed near him and it put him off his apple.
20-25 minutes, toilet. Have a cry because the tap splashed his t-shirt.
25-30 minutes, change clothes 19 times, decide that original t-shirt will do and will dry.

Immediately after lunch and during a work virtual meeting, announce that he wishes to be called Roger The Todger.

On the plus side, when he gets me sacked, I'll have time to make a sodding fairy house.

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
707 Posts
23rd of every month, whether they need it or not 😉
You've got to keep up standards, even in Lockdown2021 !! (y):LOL:
We decided to keep the sprog off school.
Hang in there fella. It'll get easier with time. :) There is loads of good stuff on the BBC for home schooling.

I bought this book from the RSPCA shop last year for £1. What a fantastic read. 60 pages in, and I am well and truely hooked. My first Wallace Stegner novel - Angle of Repose.

I've read most every day for the last 25 yrs, I'm lost without a decent read. Occasionally I start a novel that I just don't finish. I feel I should have persevered, but then again, life is too short right. So after having aborted two John Fowles novels in succsession mid way through, it's great to start a new book that I know I will finish. (y):)

4941 - 4960 of 5207 Posts