Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4921 - 4940 of 5207 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
It spins to much now.the turbo is good for 22psi which with the double decat and system back on it would make good power but go bang during the session at 22psi..think its hitting 18/20psi then backs off a bit pulls hard gear to gear to gear now the injectors are in.the zafira gsi 5 speed holds good traction from 2nd gear (the esp does nothing in first but ive bypassed the rear boost solinoid for more boost so could be to blame for so much spin in 1st

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Od love to cut it up for 4wd conversion but I'm getting to old forgot all now🤣 confident I could do it though

Reactions: andy_v

·
Super Moderator
27,256 Posts
It spins to much now.the turbo is good for 22psi which with the double decat and system back on it would make good power but go bang during the session at 22psi..think its hitting 18/20psi then backs off a bit pulls hard gear to gear to gear now the injectors are in.the zafira gsi 5 speed holds good traction from 2nd gear (the esp does nothing in first but ive bypassed the rear boost solinoid for more boost so could be to blame for so much spin in 1st
You racing this car on the track then ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,229 Posts
My brother does quite often, he said he went the other day and they have moved the place were he had to go to the Riverside stadium, Boro's football ground, he said a woman checked his temp on his forehead then when he went to the waiting room another bloke took his temp from his neck.
They checked my temperature on the forehead when I went in and other than that, no other checks. The waiting area seats are set apart and there's no table for drinks and biscuits at the end. All of the biscuits and drinks are there to bring up your blood-sugar levels and as I've gone back to eating keto (it's the only thing that I've stuck to for more than a few months at a time), I declined a chocolate biscuit and just had water.

Just made my next appointment, which will be my 48th donation. If all goes well, I should have my gold award by this time next year.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
You racing this car on the track then ?
Hopefully when my local track reopens I'll do some track days with it,been up the farm with it a bit as it has a nice straight down one side of the field and well long, was quite wet up there Saturday though

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Spent half an hour on the phone to Sky today, got my phone line, broadband & tv package down from £81 to £55 a month, on an 18 month contract renewal.
That's for non fibre broadband (I get between 10 & 12 Mbps download speed), no call package (we use our mobiles to make calls), and the basic Sky package with Sky movies.
It's still a lot, but got to keep the wife happy (she does like movies)!

·
14,553 Posts
These arrived today:

The fuseable links that is, 2 for £1.59. I had ordered 5 for £2.59 but they never turned up!

Perceived wisdom is that you can't solder these in place so I'm going to give it a go :D, then if it wrecks it I will have the second as a spare.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
£468 saving! Half an hour well spent then, and a happy Mrs AlanGH. (y):)
Half hour?must be a record for quick service. I waited 4 hours with my fone on loud speaker and still got no answer 🥱 ill send you my queries and you can ring them for me haha

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Half hour?must be a record for quick service. I waited 4 hours with my fone on loud speaker and still got no answer 🥱 ill send you my queries and you can ring them for me haha
Ah, when I rang up, the automatic system said that the wait was at least an hour (this was about 4:00pm yesterday)
Then, when it asks why you are ringing, say that you want to cancel everything.
The system message then said a ten minute wait, then almost instantly two minutes, then I was speaking to an operator!
The system is set up to recognise key words, cancel must ring alarm bells!

£468 saving! Half an hour well spent then, and a happy Mrs AlanGH. (y):)
Yes, a good saving for half an hours phone call.
It does annoy me though that loyal customers don't get given the best deals without asking (just like insurance companies as well)!
A happy Mrs Alan G H? When is that going to happen then?

·
14,553 Posts
3 loaves of bread from Asda for 36p - bargain!

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,509 Posts
Well, the MOT extension finally runs out on Tuesday...so give the old girl the once over today.
Knew there was a couple of minor blows at the joint between the (second) cats and main pipes. Enough to see some sooting and feel it pooting.
Can't go wrong with a bit of trusty Gun Gum, fibreglass wrap and a couple of stainless steel ties. Lasts about a year...

Bit of steaming up in a headlight...total PITA. Just turn them on for 5 minutes and it goes away for a few hours...£400 for a new casing...or nigh-on £800 for an imported complete unit. Sod that.

Air con...definitely got a leak somewhere. Lasts about 6 months before the pump won't kick in due to low pressure...top up and happy again.

Rear caliper sliders...been stuck solid for 3 years...still works fine, gives right results and should pass again (i hope).

Car barely uses the friction brakes anyway...90% of it is induction / magnetic braking. Only the last wee bit & hard on the pedal wears them!

Other than that...perfectly acceptable.

No emissions to worry about either as a hybrid...they have enough issues getting the engine to run (when YOU want it) to create a vacuum for the brake test...quirk of part time battery powered buggers.
Well she passed...couple of minor advisories.
Bit of corrosion on rear subframe mounts...saw it on Saturday when I was under there...damn, a quick wire brush and a rattle can of black paint'll fix it for the next few years at least....and some guff about brake pipes being covered in grease or other substance.

Better than the year it had advisories for having a full set of engine covers and undertrays that prevented inspection 🙄

·
14,553 Posts
Not my finest soldering by any means but just proved you can solder a new thermal fuse in.

Stick it back in the heater tomorrow and see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,936
Spent half an hour on the phone to Sky today, got my phone line, broadband & tv package down from £81 to £55 a month, on an 18 month contract renewal.
That's for non fibre broadband (I get between 10 & 12 Mbps download speed), no call package (we use our mobiles to make calls), and the basic Sky package with Sky movies.
It's still a lot, but got to keep the wife happy (she does like movies)!
I do this with Virgin on an annual basis, I have to put my notice in verbally, a few days after their retentions team ring me back with a better offer. Shame they couldn't give me their best price the first time.
3 loaves of bread from Asda for 36p - bargain!
I bought 2 Apple turnovers from Asda today, reduced down to 34p. I was disgusted to find out when I arrived home that they had no cream in them, I've never had an apple 'turnover with no cream before. It was just an expectation. There was a hollow void where the cream should have been, so wasn't such a good buy after all.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Ah, when I rang up, the automatic system said that the wait was at least an hour (this was about 4:00pm yesterday)
Then, when it asks why you are ringing, say that you want to cancel everything.
The system message then said a ten minute wait, then almost instantly two minutes, then I was speaking to an operator!
The system is set up to recognise key words, cancel must ring alarm bells!

Yes, a good saving for half an hours phone call.
It does annoy me though that loyal customers don't get given the
Oh yes the cancellation tricks works a treat on most companies 😀

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
707 Posts
My lad is in lower 6th, and is learning from home. I am so proud of him as he is taking it seriously and really getting on with the work being set. (y):)
His school teachers are setting some good work for him and excellent online classes. I am very impressed, they are doing their best to keep education going during this lockown.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,229 Posts
Metal diffs and gears arrived for the RC buggy. Added extra grease to the diffs then fitted them. The car didn't want to go and it was so loud! Both diffs turning smoothly when removed from the car. So I took it apart and put it back together and changed a few bits, part by part - spur gear on the prop shaft, then the pinion gears at the ends of the prop shaft. Seems to be working OK now. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if the metal/plastic interface on the pinion gear to diff ring gears is wearing the plastic too quickly. Shame that they didn't work as well as I'd hoped. But, now I've (hopefully) got stronger diffs and it's a metal prop shaft rather than the very bendy plastic one.

Next bits that are coming are adjustable steering/suspension arms to sort the geometry out as it toes out quite a bit on the front.

4921 - 4940 of 5207 Posts