Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 4544 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Maybe, how it usually starts with the previous diesels I've owned. Winter is a battery killer. You could get the multi meter out.
The last time I replaced my battery, just drove to my local car parts shop, did an exchange straight away.
Neighbour has a battery he bought that still has 3 years left on its guarantee, he bought it from Motive offered me it for £50 a few weeks back but he said he wouldn't sell me it if I was just buying it to stick in the shed, like you say I'll get the Multi Meter out see what that comes out with.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
If you know a car well enough, you can hear when its a slow start. I've thought it was a slow start, and then been proven right the next day with a dead battery.

As our Honda is our primary car, I replaced the 7yrs old battery as a precaution, and the fact that we cant be without a car for the sake of £35 battery :)(y)
Without discount codes its £130 for a 3 year guaranteed LION from Euro

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Oh I'd definitely take my time on a £130 replacment as well. ;) Our Honda has only got a small petrol engine, hence so cheap. Ebay seller 'Battery Megastore' were very speedy.
I'd probably get in touch with the neighbour see if he still has the battery if mine looks to be failing.

·
14,114 Posts
When I had my medical assessment a few weeks back part of the assessment considers whether I "can run away to safety if being chased by a wild animal"?
Apparently even though he has never met me and it was a telephone consultation I am not capable of saving myself. Best I don't get chased by any lions or tigers then!

·
14,114 Posts
Forgot to mention that I won 50p on the Lidl scratch card last night.
That makes nearly £3 in total so far.

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
When I had my medical assessment a few weeks back part of the assessment considers whether I "can run away to safety if being chased by a wild animal"?
Apparently even though he has never met me and it was a telephone consultation I am not capable of saving myself. Best I don't get chased by any lions or tigers then!
phone them back and say ya want to do a practical to prove it🤣

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
Spent most of yesterday in hospital with my wife as she decided to have our son a day early!

Edward James Lear was 6lbs 15oz! All very exciting, mum and him both doing very well

View attachment 95304

Congratulations Alex!! :cool::cool::):)

He'll be 9 ft 7 in no time.

·
Rascal
12,258 Posts
Congratulations Alex!! :cool::cool::):)

He'll be 9 ft 7 in no time.
thanks mate!

he bucked the trend as we were told that second children are always born heavier than the first and take less time to make their exit.

but he didn’t. Took a lot longer for him to come out, and he is much lighter than when Emily was born. However it was altogether a much calmer affair than the first time around!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
thanks mate!

he bucked the trend as we were told that second children are always born heavier than the first and take less time to make their exit.

but he didn’t. Took a lot longer for him to come out, and he is much lighter than when Emily was born. However it was altogether a much calmer affair than the first time around!
Aye, that's a relatively petite full-term baby weight these days. Our boys were 8-10 and 8-13.

Think I was about 6 1/2 lbs.

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
217 Posts
Spent most of yesterday in hospital with my wife as she decided to have our son a day early!

Edward James Lear was 6lbs 15oz! All very exciting, mum and him both doing very well

View attachment 95304
Congratulations! Pleased to hear Mother and baby are well. :) Sleeping will be a memory for a while now....

Had a run to Saltburn, noticed the surfers were out.
View attachment 95305
View attachment 95306
Cool photos. Is that a funicular railway I spot? (y)

Fitted a NSF drop link to the Astra today that cost £6. Clonking has gone! :) Result.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
You only have to be faster than the person your with.

4481 - 4500 of 4544 Posts