Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4461 - 4480 of 4544 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,857 Posts
not cleaning the cooker ever again, cos now the car wont start 😂 it started, backed it out the garage, turned it off to go go close garage door, came back to it turning very slowly then click click click click, had to walk round to the chemist

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
not cleaning the cooker ever again, cos now the car wont start 😂 it started, backed it out the garage, turned it off to go go close garage door, came back to it turning very slowly then click click click click, had to walk round to the chemist
Damn Andy you'll wear out those Short Hairy Legs

What happened you leave a light on.

·
14,114 Posts
And how exactly is this linked to the cleaning of the cooker?

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
217 Posts
Did 30 miles in the Astra today, and OSF brake slightly warm which is big improvement. (y):) Does the new caliper need time to bed in with the pads? Should I start my own brake thread? :ROFLMAO:

Went to EuroCP and got 2 cans of QX brake cleaner as on sale <£2 ea.

Fired up the central heating for the first time season! No leaks, air locks and all appears to be well (famous last words). Mrs Westy is not frowning quite as much now! (y):)

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Did 30 miles in the Astra today, and OSF brake slightly warm which is big improvement. (y):) Does the new caliper need time to bed in with the pads? Should I start my own brake thread? :ROFLMAO:

Went to EuroCP and got 2 cans of QX brake cleaner as on sale <£2 ea.

Fired up the central heating for the first time season! No leaks, air locks and all appears to be well (famous last words). Mrs Westy is not frowning quite as much now! (y):)
The OSF it depends how hot its getting, it will be warm if not hot to the touch because this is what is stopping you the heat has to go somewhere.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts

·
Likes this.
11,302 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Blimey Janet, that is more organised than my kitchen! :) o_O

I think we need a new thread on who has the cleanest or worst garage. I don't think my 1966 pre fab concrete garage with all my stuff in is going to be very high in the rankings! (y)

Good brake news! The OSF is nowhere near as warm. (y) I think its bedding in.
Bad brake news! The OSF has developed a minor squeak. (n)
Brake summary: I'll take a squeak over heat all day long and I'm filing it under "DIY brake repair success!"

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Went out this morning to start my car and move it away from the gates and it took longer than normal to start, took it for a drive around the estate and it drove perfect, took Mother and Sister to Lidl, it started first flick if the key, later in the afternoon drove to Redcar, went to a few different places and the Vectra started no issues.

I wonder if the battery is on its way out or did I flood it because it doesn't usually like the throttle touching when its trying to starts

·
Premium Member
15,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,478
Went out this morning to start my car and move it away from the gates and it took longer than normal to start, took it for a drive around the estate and it drove perfect, took Mother and Sister to Lidl, it started first flick if the key, later in the afternoon drove to Redcar, went to a few different places and the Vectra started no issues.

I wonder if the battery is on its way out or did I flood it because it doesn't usually like the throttle touching when its trying to starts
Maybe, how it usually starts with the previous diesels I've owned. Winter is a battery killer. You could get the multi meter out.
The last time I replaced my battery, just drove to my local car parts shop, did an exchange straight away.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
*Blimey Janet, that is more organised than my kitchen! :) o_O

*I think we need a new thread on who has the cleanest or worst garage. I don't think my 1966 pre fab concrete garage with all my stuff in is going to be very high in the rankings! (y)
*Everything has a place ;)

*I'll enter,.....but give me time to tidy up a bit :geek:

·
Registered
217 Posts

If you know a car well enough, you can hear when its a slow start. I've thought it was a slow start, and then been proven right the next day with a dead battery.

As our Honda is our primary car, I replaced the 7yrs old battery as a precaution, and the fact that we cant be without a car for the sake of £35 battery :)(y)

*Everything has a place ;)

*I'll enter,.....but give me time to tidy up a bit :geek:
:D Everything has a place...... and that place is "where did I leave my..........!" o_O

4461 - 4480 of 4544 Posts