Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4081 - 4100 of 4120 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
Good idea, especially if you were to spill milk in it:ROFLMAO:
I've only ever had that happen once,(rear passenger carpet in a Chevette)
after trying all the various cleaning methods i gave up and re-carpeted it

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
Think that 1.0t, 3 pot turbo engine has been in production for a while now and fitted in some of earlier older corsas.
The latest PSA version petrol turbo engine is the 1.2t version, brought over from their peugeot.
My understanding is that the 1.2T in the 2020> K is the Opel designed (LIH) engine
rather than one of the Peugeot 1.2Turbos (o3S,LEG,LES) that they use in the re-badged likes of the Grandland,Crossland,Combo E etc

·
13,841 Posts
Finally coming to the end of bamboo cutting and the pond area is being reclaimed.

Biggest mistake I made was planting the bamboo. It was meant to be a clump forming variety but it spread everywhere.

At least another 6 big recycling bags once it is shredded tomorrow.

Then I have a weed tree to cut out. I had it cut down last year but it has grown back out of the stump.

Should be able to sort that with the chainsaw attachment on the big strimmer and I've got to take half a fir tree out at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Currently shopping...

The next oyk that rides in the shop on an e scooter is getting clothed lined 😳😳😳 stupid little **** nearly had us on his way out the shop door

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
Finally coming to the end of bamboo cutting and the pond area is being reclaimed.

View attachment 94707

Biggest mistake I made was planting the bamboo. It was meant to be a clump forming variety but it spread everywhere.

View attachment 94708

Then I have a weed tree to cut out. I had it cut down last year but it has grown back out of the stump.

View attachment 94709

Should be able to sort that with the chainsaw attachment on the big strimmer and I've got to take half a fir tree out at the same time.
Bamboo is evil stuff , I’ve still got some roots i can’t get out.

Reactions: andy_v

·
13,841 Posts
The photos don't do justice to just how big that pile is, took me two hours cutting it by hand. Will take a good hour feeding it into the shredder. There is an electric cable in that section somewhere so got to be careful and didn't want to risk cutting it with the strimmer.

·
Likes this.
11,184 Posts
Well it's only three days until pay day so I couldn't hold on any longer. :LOL:

Popped to Halfords......

20201017_165505.jpg

Used the last of my Shampoo, EGP, Tyre dressing and wheel cleaner on my mum's Fiesta last week. The Halfords wheel cleaner works pretty well I think, for a fiver!

I've not tried the Autogym UHD shampoo before so thought I'd give it a try. And I have a couple of scratches that I thought I'd try and see if the AG scratch kit can handle - worth a try at £12 with the Trade Card.

That whole lot should have cost £63, but with the Trade Card cost me £46 :)

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts

View attachment 94707

View attachment 94708

View attachment 94709

You might find the missing link in the pond when you clear it.

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts
Currently shopping...

The next oyk that rides in the shop on an e scooter is getting clothed lined 😳😳😳 stupid little **** nearly had us on his way out the shop door
Last time I was in Redcar a couple of weeks back, they are lined up on the sea front, you contact a number on your phone and pay a hire fee then you can hire one, 20 minutes at a time.

·
13,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Last time I was in Redcar a couple of weeks back, they are lined up on the sea front, you contact a number on your phone and pay a hire fee then you can hire one, 20 minutes at a time.
Dosnt surprisebme at all 😂😂😂 had somead trying to get past the astra through a 20 mph zone a little while ago.. The thing was ready to bust past me at any point if it had the space 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ should be band them bloody things

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts
Dosnt surprisebme at all 😂😂😂 had somead trying to get past the astra through a 20 mph zone a little while ago.. The thing was ready to bust past me at any point if it had the space 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ should be band them bloody things
They are just parked on the sea front, I seen a lad and lass about 18 riding up and down on the path on the arcades side of the road, I think the idea was to ride along the sea/beach side of the road which is a lot wider, but the pair of dumbasses decided to ride along the 6ft wide path instead of the 20/30ft pavement which is nice and flat.

There was about 4 or 5 lined up and a couple in their 30's were looking at them, the bloke had his mobile out.

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
A good news story for change
Over our way we have quite a few old Astra Mk3 & Mk3 Cavaliers living in town.
The old lady who’s owned this one for several years got the surprise of her life this week gone.
After many years of the owner paying out to keep the car running , our local body shop (looks after the gaffers taxis) decided to respray the whole car free of charge.

It came into them for 2 new rear arches to be fitted , so after looking at the pink faded bodywork they decided to give the Astra a full respray.

·
Super Moderator
14,631 Posts
The old lady who’s owned this one for several years got the surprise of her life this week gone.
After many years of the owner paying out to keep the car running , our local body shop (looks after the gaffers taxis) decided to respray the whole car free of charge. View attachment 94737 View attachment 94738 View attachment 94739
It came into them for 2 new rear arches to be fitted , so after looking at the pink faded bodywork they decided to give the Astra a full respray.
that was very nice of them to do that.

·
13,841 Posts
Huge pile of bamboo fed to the shredder before the rains come tomorrow and some of the weed tree cut down and shredded for good measure. Only got 1 extra bag because I put the rest in the 6 compost bins.

Enjoying my reward now.

Very nice with a KitKat Chunky for good measure.

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts
After many years of the owner paying out to keep the car running , our local body shop (looks after the gaffers taxis) decided to respray the whole car free of charge. View attachment 94737 View attachment 94738 View attachment 94739
Did they cut the old ones out, they look quite flared

4081 - 4100 of 4120 Posts