Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 4120 Posts

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,106 Posts
Didn't get the job - the person they've offered it to has a qualification that I don't have and has experience in dealing with contractors, which I don't. I would have been 2nd choice...

·
13,841 Posts
Well at least you found out quickly and it's not so bad if you know why you didn't get it and agree with it.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
After threatening it for the last 3 or 4 years i finally got round to changing my car
after running the 1.7 H estate for over 11 years.
I bought a 2019 1.0 ltr Turbo SRi Navi Hatch in metallic black and so far i'm very pleased with it,i've put a couple of pics up from the ad but the car is standard so nowt to get too excited about.
Plus points>it goes better than expected,a lovely easy drive,it has the F17 box so no M32 issues.
the nav system works brilliantly and as it has voice control i can see it coming in handy when the latest using a mobile when driving laws come in.
Minus points> it has stop/start :censored: ,it doesn't have parking sensors so a decent aftermarket set will be fitted very soon.

I have a few spares knocking about that i kept for the H,i know there's a genuine 3 part clutch kit,a new 2 stage cim,both of which i've had a few years now,plus genuine or bosch oil and fuel filters and a few other bits and bobs,
so i'll get a list up on the site sometime
1234.jpg
12345.jpg

·
13,841 Posts
Stop start in itself is not a bad thing. It works flawlessly on my sister's MG3, brother in law's MG ugly Mokka type knock off and nephew's BMW 1 series.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
I think I just like to feel i'm in control,
i don't like the hill start assist either,it seems to be just an aid for the incompetent,
not sure about the low speed collision mitigation braking yet,so far i haven't experienced the issues that @Boroboy had.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
Yep,it's the difference between knowing how to drive a car from a hill start and the fact the rear view from the hatch is acknowledged as fairly restricted,i don't park by touch like i see so many doing.
I've never had sensors on a car before and don't really need them myself but i can see the advantages of avoiding small knocks when reversing and i'll be quite happy for my wife to get parking help while getting used to a strange car.

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,068 (Edited)
After threatening it for the last 3 or 4 years i finally got round to changing my car
after running the 1.7 H estate for over 11 years.
I bought a 2019 1.0 ltr Turbo SRi Navi Hatch in metallic black and so far i'm very pleased with it,i've put a couple of pics up from the ad but the car is standard so nowt to get too excited about.
Plus points>it goes better than expected,a lovely easy drive,it has the F17 box so no M32 issues.
the nav system works brilliantly and as it has voice control i can see it coming in handy when the latest using a mobile when driving laws come in.
Minus points> it has stop/start :censored: ,it doesn't have parking sensors so a decent aftermarket set will be fitted very soon.

I have a few spares knocking about that i kept for the H,i know there's a genuine 3 part clutch kit,a new 2 stage cim,both of which i've had a few years now,plus genuine or bosch oil and fuel filters and a few other bits and bobs,
so i'll get a list up on the site sometime View attachment 94705 View attachment 94706
Nice looking motor.
Good choice of engine & 5 speed gearbox. The 1.0t does not feel underpowered either. Android auto is a dream to hook up to the cars head unit.
Regarding hill side assist, you will grow to like it, as I did.
S/S only seems to work around 50% of the time I've had this system within previous cars I've owned, including a Leon, 3 Astra's with this function.
I don't like tpms sensors, but something we all have to put up with now if you own a car 2014 onward.
You shouldn't have the issues with the auto breaking system as that seemed to only occur on the earlier 2015/16 models that use the camera system, newer ones use a radar I believe. Far more reliable. Just set it to the least sensitive setting and leave.
Upgrading the headlight bulbs not a bad idea either as winter is coming on.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
Regarding hill side assist, you will grow to like it, as I did.
I hope so George,most of my HSA experience has been in the J's and it's a bit slow to react,
can't say i've done a hill start yet in the K ,time will tell i guess 👍

You shouldn't have the issues with the auto breaking system as that seemed to only occur on the earlier 2015/16 models that use the camera system, newer ones use a radar I believe. Far more reliable. Just set it to the least sensitive setting and leave.
Not sure if it's radar or not,i shall have to do some checking

Upgrading the headlight bulbs not a bad idea either as winter is coming on.
I have some Lidl 50% brighter bulbs somewhere,i'll get those fitted soon i reckon

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,070
I hope so George,most of my HSA experience has been in the J's and it's a bit slow to react,
can't say i've done a hill start yet in the K ,time will tell i guess 👍

Not sure if it's radar or not,i shall have to do some checking

I have some Lidl 50% brighter bulbs somewhere,i'll get those fitted soon i reckon
They should work well, @Koicarpkeeper seemed happy with the set from Lidl he'd fitted.
My hill assist works well on my previous J manual, but don't need it on an auto:ROFLMAO:
It's the dip beam the extra brightness helps with, compared to stock.
Are you going to live without a spare?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Minus points> it has stop/start :censored:
I just hope it's not thePeugeot system that rips up alternator belts! From what I've read on the Peugeot forum, they somehow use the alternator as the starter for the stop start system, but not for initial starts.

·
13,841 Posts
Our Touran and girlfriend's Spark both have the first generation 20% brighter Lidl bulbs which are rather good so the 50% brighter ones for the same money (from the same German manufacturer) I have no doubt are going to be even better. Ours have been fitted for around 5 years and 2 years respectively and still going strong.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
I just hope it's not thePeugeot system that rips up alternator belts! From what I've read on the Peugeot forum, they somehow use the alternator as the starter for the stop start system, but not for initial starts.
I don't think it is Alan,looks like just an uprated starter,maybe the later K's are though

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,076
Think that 1.0t, 3 pot turbo engine has been in production for a while now and fitted in some of earlier older corsas. The latest PSA version petrol turbo engine is the 1.2t version, brought over from their peugeot.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
You've done well to find one, a rare find. Expensive job if you don't have one either, as you need the infill kit with the hidden floor.
I've manged to get loads in the underfloor storage,with a bit of room to spare,not that it'll be empty for long lol

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,078
I've manged to get loads in the underfloor storage,with a bit of room to spare,not that it'll be empty for long lol
I liked that when I had the 1.6d, keeps the boot very tidy. Not many K's have these fitted now. Makes the boot flat too and helps with noise insolation. May have been an optional extra.
The rear passenger leg room was impressive too within the K. Considering its shorter and lighter than a J, actually has slightly more rear passenger leg room too.
It's a very handleable car with lighter 1.0t engine fitted.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
I liked that when I had the 1.6d, keeps the boot very tidy. Not many K's have these fitted now. Makes the boot flat too and helps with noise insolation. May have been an optional extra.
Being a thrifty sort,i've re-purposed the load liner from the H which now fits nicely on top of the boot carpet,handy for those trips to the tip.

4061 - 4080 of 4120 Posts