Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

4041 - 4060 of 4120 Posts

·
13,841 Posts
Rumour has it that the Lidl stuff may be made by Bosch anyway.

·
13,841 Posts
Just avoided getting run over by a speeding BMW driver while crossing the road. My fault but he then took it upon himself to stop twice and scream verbal abuse at us while pointing at his dashcam. So I've asked the police to go give him a call and seize his dashcam which will clearly show him exceeding the 20moh speed limit and going through the lights on amber.
Last time I reported someone for something very similar it went to court and the idiot was convicted of a public order offence and fined £400.

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,043
Just avoided getting run over by a speeding BMW driver while crossing the road. My fault but he then took it upon himself to stop twice and scream verbal abuse at us while pointing at his dashcam. So I've asked the police to go give him a call and seize his dashcam which will clearly show him exceeding the 20moh speed limit and going through the lights on amber.
Last time I reported someone for something very similar it went to court and the idiot was convicted of a public order offence and fined £400.
I had something very similar to me happen recently by a BMW driver too. Looked both ways, crossing over a long 30mph road with Dolly, a BMW driver came around the corner very fastly, must of hit at least 70mph by the time he came close to us, I certainly wasn't impressed. Expressed my displeasure to the driver too, for what good that did:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
I'm after a new battery drill, trusty has just died at 5 years old. Think I might buy one from Lidl for £40, 20v with an hours fast charge. One battery pack with some drill bits too. 3 years guarantee. I've been after one for around a month now. Obviously not up to Bosch standards though.
Interesting to see that the tyre inflator looks rechargeable, I might buy one when the couple of 12v ones I have eventually die.
The Bosch wasn’t much over £50 in the prime sale ( usually £90 )

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts
I had something very similar to me happen recently by a BMW driver too. Looked both ways, crossing over a long 30mph road with Dolly, a BMW driver came around the corner very fastly, must of hit at least 70mph by the time he came close to us, I certainly wasn't impressed. Expressed my displeasure to the driver too, for what good that did:ROFLMAO:
Wasn't it a BMW driver that killed that old bloke and his daughter at the round a bout as you come out of Guisborough near the Shell garage, he was a A-hole, seem to think he was a young foreigner visiting a relative.

·
Rascal
12,194 Posts
Some items I looked at were cheaper elsewhere at normal everyday price never mind Amazon Prime day.
yeah you really have to keep an eye on that if there’s something you’re thinking about. Black Friday next month. Will be needing a couple of new car seats, I think we got them better than half price last time we bought them so hopefully we can again. Otherwise, we aren’t actually losing out.

But for ’Prime day’ I bought a large box of baby wipes (£9 off), and a bottle of whisky (£11 off)

·
Premium Member
11,568 Posts
Sat outside Asda waiting for Sister and Mother doing shopping, so was looking on Marketplace, seen a McCulloch hedgetrimmer identical to the one I have, he wanting £20 so I thought I'd chance my arm and offer £15, I began to wish I'd never asked turns out I know of the family and they are idiots, he sent me about 5 voice messages through Marketplace, claiming it runs perfect but won't turn off the on/off switch is broke ( I have loads of them ), then the next message its worth £20 all day long they sell for a lot more, so I messaged back saying OK if you decide to take £15 let me know, another voice message, he started with I then it become she said if you come now you can have it for £15, told no in about an hour ( it was 1.30pm ), he replied with can you make it 4pm, so went at 4 mask on and put a big black rubble sack on the wall outside his house and told him to put it in it, he insisted on showing me how it started and how to turn it off, I already knew put the choke on and it will cut out.

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,049
Wasn't it a BMW driver that killed that old bloke and his daughter at the round a bout as you come out of Guisborough near the Shell garage, he was a A-hole, seem to think he was a young foreigner visiting a relative.
A very young lad I think tried unsuccessfully to take the roundabout at around 100 from investigations, I think. The idiot that came close to hitting me on a 30, was probably the fastest driver I've personally seen driving within a 30.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Today I made the 4000th post on this thread.
Well done 😎😎😎

Today I fitted an astra vxr ecu along with everything to make it plug n play fitment 😎😎stage one mapped too, just need some milage correction now as the cars almost doubled its mileage how 😂😂😂

Mine is 9nlybon 86071 🤔 now reads 135423 🤣🤣🤣

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,106 Posts
Been for a job interview today. Same company, different role. Sideways move, but a new challenge, more driving, work van, less desk-bound. We'll see what they say - I've got nothing to lose.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Currently I am drinking smoothies load with (AND I MEAN LOAD) with mango and passion friut Gin with the wide 😁😁😁 mash up

Attachments

·
Likes this.
11,184 Posts
Been for a job interview today. Same company, different role. Sideways move, but a new challenge, more driving, work van, less desk-bound. We'll see what they say - I've got nothing to lose.
Good luck. Sometimes a change can do you the world of good :)

Isn't your current car a lease car? is that part of your work, so you'd have the van instead of the car?

·
Premium Member
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,057 (Edited)
Good luck, sometimes I feel like moving on to a different employer, as I've been with the same one now for 16 years or so. With my job role you are treat equally as bad as everyone else wherever you go. It's not my employer I stay for, more the people I support. Forgot to say I did once work for my company & another at the same time, when I needed the extra hours, a long time ago now. Double trouble that was. Although during this current climate I feel lucky to be working at all.

·
13,841 Posts
I've had 28 attempts to escape from my current role, without success so I'm destined to do nearly another 15 years doing the same thing. Usually come second, which is another way of saying the job was already gone long before it was advertised.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,106 Posts
Cheers all. Still waiting.

Good luck. Sometimes a change can do you the world of good :)

Isn't your current car a lease car? is that part of your work, so you'd have the van instead of the car?
Current car is leased, salary sacrifice thing. I would have the van AND the car. But, my mileage would be vastly reduced as there would be no commute/business mileage. Van isn't for private stuff (other than maybe nipping to a shop when out and about - not weekly shop/tip runs etc - they're all tracked and monitored). So with reduced mileage would likely be a lower payment. I think that, to give the car back, I'd have to stump up 6 months of payments as it's the first year and then we'd have nothing to tow the caravan with, so I'll be happy to keep it and do 100 miles a month in it...

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,106 Posts
I've had 28 attempts to escape from my current role, without success so I'm destined to do nearly another 15 years doing the same thing. Usually come second, which is another way of saying the job was already gone long before it was advertised.
The last one I went for, I was told that... If there was another position, it would have been yours. It's not a surprise to anyone that those are currently in that post. I sulked for a long time over that one. But wouldn't sulk for too long about this one. I'm 80/20 whether it's right for me, but that might be a moot point by this afternoon. And there's nothing to lose by applying.

4041 - 4060 of 4120 Posts