Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3912 Posts

·
13,725 Posts
Oil change on the Chevvy Spark - christened my new oil drain bowl, much better than the old one I was using which drained into a plastic can and always overflowed making loads of mess. Only overdue by a month when I checked the service record whereas I thought it should have been done in April.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Walked the dog for an hour, then went to look at my son's partners old car, which has been parked up unused for nearly twelve months.
It's a Kia Ceed, and the one back brake had stuck on. My son had been trying to free it off with no success, so called on me.
It has one of those stupid systems where the park brake is a drum brake inside the brake disc, and the linings had stuck to the drum.
Much hammering and levering later, the linings eventually came off the shoes, and the disc/drum came off.
So, now to order shoes and fitting kit, (good old eBay)!

·
13,725 Posts
Decided to go to the beach and drove down to the Gower only to find the car parks that were open were still charging a fiver to park but all of them had shut their toilet facilities! No way was I going to stump up a fiver then have to sneak off into the sand dunes for a pee.

So we turned round and called into a Harvester, half expecting to be turned away, but it was half past 3 in the afternoon by then and they were quiet so we got a table. Still bit of a surreal experience but the food was nice and it makes a nice change to get away from the house.

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Think I might of broke my drivers seat, lent a little to hard on the left hand side (Handbrake side) as I was getting in and it moved back but the right side stayed in place, pulled it forward and it clicked in ti place, so I got out and turned the wheel/Adjuster for the back of the seat, it hasn't done it again but then I haven't been anywhere in the car.

Did a bit more work on the deck of the next lawnmower, cleaned and sanded the underneath and now covered in underseal, took the old paint off and primed it with some high build primer, sanded it again and now has a coat of Red Oxide primer.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,070 Posts
The sprog was 6 yesterday, so I spent most of the weekend preparing for that. Also harvested some apples, rhubarb, beetroot, chillies and raspberries from the allotment. The raspberries didn't make it back home as the boy ate those.

I need to find a local livery or similar that'll be so kind as to drop off a load of manure to dig into the beds at the allotment over the next month or so. Apart from the small sprout patch and the pumpkin patch, there's not really a lot happening, so I'll take the opportunity to weed it and dig some poo in.

·
13,725 Posts
Got rid of this into just 2 recycling bags by feeding it to the shredder.

There was a lot more than seen in the picture.

Trimmed the 30 year old monkey puzzle tree that unfortunately died in last year's hot weather, even though it was watered every day.

More to do, I can get up to about 18 feet using the chainsaw on the big strimmer.

The wood is exceptionally hard and extremely spikey so you have to make sure you can get out of the way when they drop.

Think I'll take it down then with an axe and try and drop it into the road outside, which only goes to Koi Castle.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Been undersealing the bottom and all the wheel arches of me van today ready for the winter, lol no matter how tidy I try and be I always get covered in that black crap lol.

Also been going through me van as mot is next week, replaced a couple of knacked drop links, swapped out the summer wheels for winter wheels, refreshed brake and clutch fluid, you don't realise how crappy old fluid effects braking performance, plus replaced wipers, gone back to using Borgs, the ones I put on last year from Euro have already split on edges.

https://flic.kr/p/2jGSQV3 https://flic.kr/p/2jGTDma

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Cousin rang me and said could I tow his van from his mates garage back to his house, its been at his mates garage parked in the yard for a month or so, so towed it back to his house and put it on his drive, he wants me to have a look at it because he thinks his mate has got his mechanic to look at it and he thinks he looked at the engine and said its knackered because the timing chain has slipped and its the 1.3cdti Combo.

So if anybody would like to throw their thoughts in, I;m thinking copression test to see if the valves are bent, it does seem a shame to scrap it, its on a 57 plate but there isnt one bit of rust on the bodywork, its white , roof rack, side loading door and so on.

·
13,725 Posts
More branches lopped.

The wood is so hard it's knackered the chainsaw chain up and it needs resharpening. Got to cut the branches up to get them into some bags tomorrow.

·
13,725 Posts
It's one of those flat pack wooden frame houses, arrived on a lorry and was built in 2 days.

3761 - 3780 of 3912 Posts