Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3912 Posts

·
13,725 Posts
I just won 50p off my next shop at Lidl by scanning my new Lidl Plus app and doing the on-screen scratchcard.
Gonna spend the weekend writing a list of all the things I can buy with 50p.
I suspect it will not be a long list.

·
Likes this.
11,156 Posts
I just won 50p off my next shop at Lidl by scanning my new Lidl Plus app and doing the on-screen scratchcard.
Gonna spend the weekend writing a list of all the things I can buy with 50p.
I suspect it will not be a long list.
A packet of Oaties, or even chocolate Oaties would be at the top of my sub 50p list :D

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Everytime you go through the tills still scan the QR code on your phone in the plus card, they add up all your purchases and when you have spent £100 they give you a £2 off voucher, you get a scratch card everyday that you shop instore.

If you spend £100 in one month you get £2 off voucher

Spend £200 in one month and this can include your £100 you get £10 off discount code.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I've been working on my friend's 1954 MG TF this afternoon. The dynamo warning light had stopped working, and he was scared to use the car in case he got stranded with a flat battery.
After a lot of messing about, I traced the problem to a bad connection at the warning light bulb holder.
Quite an awkward job, trying to lay on my back in the passenger footwell to get up behind the dash.
Anyway, after getting the light working, I checked the charging, and found the voltage was only just about 13 volts and varying (should be a steady 13.8 to 14.2 from memory).
Using a clip on ammeter, it was charging irregularly about 10 amps, suddenly shooting up to 20+ amps at times. So I've just ordered a replacement control box off eBay, £28 or so.

·
13,725 Posts
Went in to my old office to pick up my new laptop only to find it was the old laptop I handed back in March. Not only that it gets worse, it is the same laptop that had a fault and basically it has sat in a cupboard since March untouched so they gave me the same faulty laptop back and were surprised when I was a quite annoyed today. Upshot was I got to finish "work" after 2 hours and they are desperately blaming each other because not one of them bothered to even plug it in before giving it back to me. Incompetence doesn't cover it - there was even a print out of an email in with it stating it is faulty and needs to be evaluated before being re-issued to anyone.

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Mate has just been with the ropes I Eye - Spliced the other day , told him I'd get some heat shrink just to make it look a bit more professional, so he just brought the rope over got the hot air gun out B&D one I've had for years, 1m of 25mm White heat shrink £3.49 from ebay, so all done and he is even more pleased with the outcome.

·
Premium Member
11,442 Posts
Went in to my old office to pick up my new laptop only to find it was the old laptop I handed back in March. Not only that it gets worse, it is the same laptop that had a fault and basically it has sat in a cupboard since March untouched so they gave me the same faulty laptop back and were surprised when I was a quite annoyed today. Upshot was I got to finish "work" after 2 hours and they are desperately blaming each other because not one of them bothered to even plug it in before giving it back to me. Incompetence doesn't cover it - there was even a print out of an email in with it stating it is faulty and needs to be evaluated before being re-issued to anyone.
Smells like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

·
Premium Member
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,750
Everytime you go through the tills still scan the QR code on your phone in the plus card, they add up all your purchases and when you have spent £100 they give you a £2 off voucher, you get a scratch card everyday that you shop instore.

If you spend £100 in one month you get £2 off voucher

Spend £200 in one month and this can include your £100 you get £10 off discount code.
I wouldn't be surprised if Aldi start something similar.

·
13,725 Posts
Smells like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Think the left hand was too busy playing pocket billiards. Sad thing is the senior manager just couldn't get his head around why I was annoyed.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Well today I woke with that Friday feeling and ready to party and then enrolled myself to work Saturday and Sunday 🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ whheres the w4nker emoji when you need it 🤔

·
Super Moderator
26,860 Posts
Well today I woke with that Friday feeling and ready to party and then enrolled myself to work Saturday and Sunday 🤔🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ whheres the w4nker emoji when you need it 🤔
Let me see if i can fix that for you lol 😂

3741 - 3760 of 3912 Posts