Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 3086 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,402 Posts
My bike is only a low to middle of the range thing. But, there's a big difference between my bike and a cheaper one.

Yesterday climbs were tough and a year ago, I'd have failed at both. I really annoyed myself yesterday having to stop near the top of the 2nd big climb. I'm going to give it a proper go in July. I won't be beaten on that hill.

Starts off not too bad, so I took it easy to start with. Paced it right. Just ran out of confidence in myself. I'm really disappointed in myself. But, I have a new target.
As you say it’s probably more of a mental thing.
Once you’ve got the mindset locked in of , “ I know i can do this “ you’ll back yourself when you hit that point & instead of giving up you’ll find it in yourself to keep going,
I know from when i used to run & cycle , some days you felt powerful & strong.
Other days you felt a bit tired & struggled to do the same circuit , but on that day you learned so much about how mentally you dug in & kept going even though part of you wanted to stop.

·
13,142 Posts
I'm feeling tired.
Nothing to do with trying to ride a bike up a steep hill though, more to do with walking 3 miles, fitting a new outdoor waterproof socket, then spending 2 hours shredding a big pile of branches while playing with my hound at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
26,402 Posts
Almost finished , it passed the wife’s , “ Is it level? “ Test.
Just got to hacksaw one pole to leave the same length either side of outer brackets ( it’s a fully adjustable curtain pole )

·
Super Moderator
26,402 Posts
if the pole is adjustable, why ya need to cut one end 🤪
It’s 3 poles , the middle pole accommodates 2 poles entering either side & meeting in the middle.
I’ve got to hacksaw some off the left hand side inner pole to move that inwards & leave enough to push the right pole in a tad.
If that makes sense lol 😂
Then allow room for fitting the end trims.

·
Super Moderator
13,804 Posts
It’s 3 poles , the middle pole accommodates 2 poles entering either side & meeting in the middle.
I’ve got to hacksaw some off the left hand side inner pole to move that inwards & leave enough to push the right pole in a tad.
If that makes sense lol 😂
Then allow room for fitting the end trims. View attachment 92875
that ya new butt plug :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,989 Posts
Went to my Doctors appointment cant go in the Doctors unless your wearing a face mask, had my dressings done then came home, got replies from a few Marketplace enquirers, bloke in Wingate had a load of lawnmower spares and 3 lawnmowers and 2 decks for sale he said make me an offer so I'd said I I don't want to insult you I'll give you £50 his reply was £60 and there yours, neighbour was going to go and collect them but he disappeared to his boat, then I decided there was no room in the garden so I declined the offer, then got another reply from another seller who was selling so 200mm frame fixings, 96 screws and plugs 200mm (8") need them for a future project they were originally selling for £10 but they now wanted £5, so traveled to collect them Saltburn or should I say Lingdale

Stripped the FREE lawnmower down, there was very little oil in it and there is a crack in the side of the engine (see photo below), the Con rod has smashed off were it is bolted around the crank (Photo below)

·
Super Moderator
26,402 Posts
Taking the wife over to the leicester general hospital for her 5 year mammogram check at lunchtime.
She was lucky because of the late announcement of the lockdown of leicester last night her appointment hasn’t been cancelled , after today they are cancelling all other appointments going forward until the lockdown is lifted.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,987 Posts
Yesterday, I cooked for the GF and sprog. They had stir fry/noodles, which I can't have - too much sugar in the sauce and too many carbs in the noodles for me. I asked them how it was. My lad (5) is getting to master the backhanded compliment. He said it was "Good, but, just so you know, "good" is the worst of the best words for food, so it's not great, but just and only just, good".

Got to love a food critic.

·
Premium Member
10,989 Posts
Your throwing some cash at your car this past month.

Last night my mate offered me a SpeedGlas 9100fx adflo welding screen, he said were he works have told the welders they have to use the masks they provide due to health and safety, so the company has supplied then each with a £800 welding mask so one of the lads was selling this did I want it £50

I declined as I already have a SpeedGlas mask, so I sent a text out last night did anybody want it, 1 of my neighbours replied saying he'd have it, so been to collect from my mate, wish I'd bought it now £1100 to buy new and it's the one that has the built in grinder screen were the SpeedGlas visor flips up like a fireman's helmet.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

2901 - 2920 of 3086 Posts